This Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Ornament craft is just the thing to make if you are a Disney at Halloween fan! If you’ve visited the Disney Parks during the Halloween season you will have seen Mickey as a Jack-o’-Lantern all over the place – and now you can make your own pumpkin head Mickey for your Halloween tree!
(Or if you’ve not jumped on the latest trend for putting up a tree at Halloween, then you can always make these for your Christmas tree instead.) This Disney craft is fun for all ages and is made very easily using a free printable template and cardstock. Read on to find out how to make these awesome Mickey pumpkin decorations!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Ornament
The trend for putting up a Halloween tree has been growing over the past few years (mainly because of Instagram!) and as someone who loves Halloween, it is only appropriate that I should have one too. In all actuality, I’ve got two Halloween trees! I put them up as early as possible (usually September!) just so that I can enjoy them before Halloween is over!
As a Disney fan, I love Mickey Mouse and Mickey-shaped things too. And I LOVE pumpkins and Halloween, so naturally, this pumpkin ornament is perfect for me! Fall and Halloween is my favorite time to visit Walt Disney World because pumpkin Mickey is everywhere!
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Green (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Mickey Mouse Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Ornaments
I’ve got several step-by-step photos to guide you through making these Disney ornaments, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
Assembling your Mickey pumpkin is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out. Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Mickey’s head. Then stick on the stem and the leaf.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament – the option is up to you – apply white school glue Mickey’s eyes, nose, and mouth and sprinkle over black fine glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry. You can also add green glitter in the same way to the leaf.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Download Mickey Pumpkin Head Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Orange, Brown, Green
- Black, and Green Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the pumpkin ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside. If the craft papers/card won't go through your printer, print on regular paper and trace around the pieces instead.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Then glue on the pumpkin stem and leaf.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry. Use black glitter for Mickey's facial features, and green glitter for the leaf.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Mickey Pumpkin ornament on your tree!