If you love the Disney movie Tangled, you are going to love making this gorgeous Rapunzel Christmas Ornament for your tree! This Disney craft is fun for all ages and is made very easily using a free printable template and construction paper. Read on to find out how to make this awesome Rapunzel ornament!
I’ve also got 20+ Awesome Christmas Crafts for Adults for you to try out – right-click and open these other crafts in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Rapunzel Christmas Ornament
Rapunzel, with her magical, long, golden hair was locked up in a tower by her overly protective mother. But thanks to a good-hearted thief, she manages to escape and she learns just how beautiful the world is – even if it might also be a bit scary! I love Tangled, it’s such a feel-good movie with great songs too!
Don’t forget to also make the Flynn Rider Christmas Ornament to accompany Rapunzel on your Christmas tree!
Make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (see below) so that you don’t miss the other Disney ornament crafts being released on The Purple Pumpkin Blog.
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper in the following colors:
- Flesh Tone
- Light Purple
- Purple (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Yellow/Gold (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments to make them last longer if you wish
- Rapunzel Christmas Ornament Template
- You will find the template download links before the tutorial card and surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Rapunzel Christmas Ornament Craft Tips
- Print the template onto the suggested colored construction paper and cut the pieces out. (But you could use any colors you want!)
- If construction paper won’t go through your printer, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored paper/card. You will have to add any detail with a black marker pen.
- Another option is to print onto white paper and color the pieces in with crayons, pens, paints, or pencils.
- Or what about making Rapunzel using craft foam? You will have to add any detail with a black marker pen.
- Cut all the pieces out and lay them where they should go before sticking down with glue.
- An optional extra is adding glitter: apply white school glue to the parts you want to add some sparkle, sprinkle glitter on top, shake off the excess and leave to dry. We’ve suggested parts of the ornament to add glitter to, but you can add it wherever you like!
- Stick a loop of string (red and white baker’s twine is very festive looking!) or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Cover the fixings with a circle of matching color paper to hide them. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
- If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Download Rapunzel Christmas Ornament Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
How Do I Make a Rapunzel Christmas Ornament?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- Construction Paper in the following colors: Yellow, Flesh Tone, Purple, Pink, White, Light Purple
- Yellow Fine Glitter (optional)
- Purple Fine Glitter (optional)
- String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Rapunzel ornament template onto corresponding colored papers (Link in the blog post) and carefully cut the pieces out.
- Space the ears evenly and stick to the back of the ornament with a glue stick. Then add her hair to the back too - use the photos as a placement guide.
- Layer Rapunzel's costume in the correct order before sticking in place - blouse skirt, white bodice, purple bodice.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue carefully to the ears and hair cover with yellow glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry. Then repeat with purple glitter on the bodice.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- To hide your workings at the back you could add another large circle of light purple paper to cover.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornament so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Rapunzel ornament on your Christmas tree!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Jasmine Christmas Ornament Craft
- Toy Story Jessie Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Anna Christmas Ornament Craft
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!