This Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with blistered cherry tomatoes served with a mixed green salad is a healthy and delicious recipe to try. It’s ready in just 30 minutes and is perfect after a hectic day.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
This pistachio-crusted salmon dish brings together and celebrates two main ingredients that not only taste sensational together but also offer health benefits.
Salmon is well known for being an excellent source of omega-3 and pistachios are bursting with fiber and minerals.
A lemon, garlic, honey, and mustard dressing is brushed onto the salmon fillets, and then a crust of pistachios and ground cardamom is pressed on top.
The salmon is then roasted in the oven with some cherry tomatoes, and served up with a mixed salad on the side. You could include some potatoes or rice too if you like.
An ideal dish for when you’re pressed for time but want something delicious and nutritious to eat!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Salmon Fillets
- Fresh Produce – Lemons, Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes, Mixed Salad Greens, Cucumber, Red Onion
- Dijon Mustard
- Honey – try to buy locally produced honey when possible.
- Ground Cardamom
- Kalamata Olives – or any kind of black olive you prefer.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Salmon
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is salmon, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Lemon and Dill Salmon with Herb Salad (20-Minute Recipe!)
- Asian Salmon
- Cajun Salmon with Avocado Salsa
More Fish Recipes
Looking for more fish dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Grilled Pineapple and Swordfish Kebabs with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Niçoise Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna, Green Beans, Eggs, & Potatoes
- Blackened Fish Tacos (Mahi-Mahi) with Coleslaw & Avocado Dressing
How Do I Make Pistachio-Crusted Salmon?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 4 (6-oz/170g) salmon fillets
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ Tbsp runny honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pint (500g) cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil with 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Add the mustard, honey, and garlic and whisk to combine. Brush each fillet with the honey-mustard mixture until coated.
- Add the chopped pistachios and ground cardamom to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Evenly divide the pistachio mixture among the salmon fillets, gently pressing the mixture into each fillet to ensure it adheres.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a medium bowl and drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Arrange the seasoned tomatoes around the salmon fillets and place in the pre-heated oven to roast for 13-15 minutes until the salmon is flakey and the cherry tomatoes are blistered.
- Meanwhile, combine the mixed salad leaves, cucumber, red onion, and Kalamata olives in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Once baking time is complete, remove salmon and tomatoes from oven. Serve immediately with the fresh salad on the side. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: 30-Minute Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Appetizers
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Side Dish: Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Beverage: Frozen Blueberry Margaritas
- Dessert: Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.