You should totally add this felt pumpkin plush to your crafting list this Halloween for a number of reasons – let me tell you why! It’s a pumpkin, and it’s pumpkin season – duh; it’s a really simple and fun craft, and with its cute little face, it’s a safe, no-carve Jack-O’-Lantern for Halloween! So grab the free printable template, grab some felt fabric, and start stitching!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Felt Pumpkin Plush
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Of course, I’m obsessed with pumpkins, and this totes adorbz felt pumpkin plush is my new best pal!
You can totally make your own sweet Jack-o’-Lantern pumpkin plushie very easily using some felt fabric and the free printable template which is available to download just before the tutorial card at the end of this post.
Keep your plush pumpkin friend in your pocket, or add a ribbon loop to hang it up for Halloween. Or why not make several and make a whole garland of pumpkins! You could even sew in a keychain fixing and have a super cute pumpkin keyring!
This is a pretty simple sewing project and a great introduction for kids to sewing and toy making! I bet they’ll just love making their own pumpkin pal out of felt!
I have other Halloween plush crafts on the way, so make sure you keep an eye out for them. In fact, the best way is by joining the Pumpkin Patch below so you don’t miss out.
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
You may have some standard craft supplies like scissors and glue at home already, however, for your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized materials and tools needed for this craft to Amazon below.
- Felt Fabric – in the following colors orange, green, black, and pink – but you can use any colors you like and make a garland of multi-colored felt pumpkins!
- Fabric Marker – to trace around the template onto the fabric.
- Needle & Thread – try to match the thread to the felt colors
- Sewing Pins – optional, to hold the fabric together when sewing
- Soft Toy Stuffing – or scraps of felt or cotton wool balls
- Free Printable Pumpkin Craft Template – find it before the tutorial card, surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device. I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use which size is appropriate for your printer.
More Halloween Pumpkin Crafts
Here are some more Halloween Pumpkin crafts for you to check out next:
- Googly Eye Pumpkin Craft | Easy No-Carve Pumpkin Idea! Great for Kids!
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Ornament Craft
- How To Make Pumpkin Mickey Ears!
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try!
Download Pumpkin Plush Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
How Do I Make a Felt Pumpkin Plush?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, instructions and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
Save my felt pumpkin plush craft tutorial video to your YouTube Crafts & Halloween Playlists so that it’s always there when you need it – don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you are there!
- Felt fabric in the following colors:
- Free printable template - link in the blog post
- Fabric marker
- Needle and thread - to match the fabric colors if possible
- Sewing pins - optional
- Craft glue - optional
- Print and cut out the template.
- Trace the pumpkin onto orange felt and cut out.
- Trace the eyes, nose, and mouth onto black felt and cut out.
- Trace the stem onto green felt and cut out
- Trace the cheeks onto pink felt and cut out.
- Place one of the stems on the top front of a pumpkin piece and use green thread along the bottom of the stem to stitch in place. This is going to be the front of the pumpkin Jack-o'-Lantern.
- Stitch the features (eyes, nose, mouth, and cheeks) onto the front of the pumpkin. You could use craft glue if you prefer.
- Now sew the other stem on the top backside of the other pumpkin piece using green thread along the bottom of the stem to stitch in place, so that when you put the front and back together the stems line up.
- Then you want to stitch the front to the back starting with green thread around the stem.
- Then use orange thread to sew around the pumpkin. You can use sewing pins to keep the felt in place if you wish. Do not stitch all the way around - leave a gap to push the stuffing in!
- You can stuff pumpkin with scraps of felt (cut them into small pieces for an even stuffing) or use soft toy stuffing, or even cotton balls. Use a pencil to help guide the stuffing into all the sections evenly. Do not overstuff!
- Stitch the open end to secure the stuffing inside and tie off the thread with a knot.
- Your pumpkin plush is complete - go and give them a new home this Halloween!