This Blueberry Lime Mocktail is a cool and light non-alcoholic beverage that is perfect to sip during those hot days of Summer and it’s a great way to use up those ripe blueberries! Mocktails are a great way to enjoy a refreshing cold drink during the Summer that the whole family can enjoy!
I’ve got more Mocktails – Non Alcoholic Cocktails that you might want to try out! Right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Blueberry Lime Mocktail
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
This refreshing and fruity mocktail begins life with a blueberry syrup that is made using fresh or frozen blueberries, fresh limes, sugar, and water. Don’t be scared about making a syrup, it is really quite simple!
You will need a small, fine mesh sieve to push the cooked blueberries through when making the syrup, and a mason jar to store the syrup in. The syrup keeps for up to two weeks in the fridge so you can continue to enjoy the sweet goodness!
Zesty fresh lime goes into the syrup, and you can then make your cocktail in a variety of different ways – still, sparkling, or frozen!
For a still beverage, use still mineral water; for a sparkling drink use club soda, sparkling mineral water, or even lemon-lime soda; and to turn this mocktail into a frozen slush, blend the syrup with lots of crushed ice!
You could spike the drink too if you like – vodka would go really well!
More Mocktails To Make
Want to make more mocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Sparkling Cranberry Orange Ginger Christmas Mocktail Recipe
- Buzz Lightyear Mocktail for Kids!
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
How Do I Make a Blueberry Lime Mocktail?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- ½ lb / 250g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime
- Carbonated water, club soda, or mineral water
- Place the blueberries, sugar, and water into a saucepan and place over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Allow the fruit syrup to cool then transfer to a pouring cup or jug.
- Pour the fruit syrup through a mesh sieve strainer, into a mason jar.
- Smash the fruit with a spoon to release any juices remaining.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the syrup and stir.
- To make a blueberry lime mocktail, fill a glass with ice.
- Add 2 ounces of blueberry lime syrup to the glass.
- Top with your preference of carbonated water, club soda, or mineral water.
- Garnish with a few blueberries and a slice of lime if desired.
- Store any unused syrup in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 55gProtein: 0g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Black Bean Salsa Cups Appetizer
- Main Dish: Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken
- Side Dish: Pineapple Coleslaw with Bacon
- Dessert: Quick & Easy Strawberry Cupcakes for Summer
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.