Download these free printable Earth Day Mazes for the whole family to find their way through and solve! There are six mazes of varying difficulty in this set of printables, so there will be a puzzle for everyone! From easy mazes for the little ones to trickier ones for the older kids and adults – the crazy maze is a mind-bender!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Earth Day Mazes
Mazes are fun brain-teasers for all ages and are a great indoor activity when you are stuck inside and need something to do.
There are 6 free printable Earth Day mazes in this set, with three difficulty levels. They are also color-coded: green = easy; blue = medium; brown = difficult. However, this is a loose description and any ability can give them all a try!
Each maze has an Earth Day topic or suggestion of something to do to make our lives greener and more environmentally friendly – this is a great learning opportunity to discuss these issues with your kids.
- There are 3 easy level mazes with large paths. The title of these pages is green. The Earth Day ideas are: Help put the trash in recycling bins; Guide the bees through the maze so they can pollinate the flowers; Help the kids to plant new trees.
- There are 2 medium-level mazes with smaller paths. The title of these pages is blue. The Earth Day ideas are: Ride a bicycle to visit a local forest or nature trail; Plant seeds and grow your own fruit and vegetables.
- There is 1 hard-level maze with the smallest of paths. The title of this page is brown. The Earth Day idea is: Conserve energy at home – switch off and unplug appliances.
I have also included the solutions to all of the mazes, so you can always check those if you get stuck and can’t find your way out.
The theme of Earth Day 2021 is Restore Our Earth™, and I think it’s a great choice after the past year we’ve all had!
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries.Wikipedia
Use this year’s theme to discuss environmental issues with your children, like deforestation, pollution, and climate change. Talk about ways you can help – maybe picking up litter in your neighborhood, planting a tree, recycling at home, or simply going for a walk in nature.
And of course you can use my free Earth Day printables to aid your discussions and activities.
Benefits of Solving Mazes
Mazes are not only fun to do, but they’re great for exercising the brain. Here are some of the benefits of solving maze puzzles:
- Boosts problem-solving skills
- Helps to practice patience and persistence
- Helps concentration
- Helps to improve cognitive thought processes
- Improves fine motor skills as you trace a line through the maze
- Improves visual-motor as your eyes scan the maze for possible solutions
How To Use The Free Printable Mazes
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the Zombie mazes you need onto white paper.
- Then simply use a pencil (which can be erased if you get stuck!) or pen to trace the path through the maze.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
More Maze Puzzle Printables
Looking for other mazes to print? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Mazes
- Free Printable Zombie Mazes for Halloween (Easy, Medium & Hard)
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Earth Day Mazes
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!