This Free Printable Chinese New Year Activities pack contains three puzzles and a coloring page for kids to have fun with and learn about Chinese culture, the Chinese New Year, and the symbolic items used during the festivities. This free printable has been updated to reflect the Year of the Tiger which begins on February 1st, 2022!
Here are more Chinese New Year Printables to download! Right-click and open a new tab to read next.
Printable Chinese New Year Activities
Tigers are the third of the Chinese zodiacs. According to legend, Tiger was confident that no one could compete with its speed and vigor for the celestial race that would decide the order of the zodiacs. However, when Tiger climbed out of the river, thinking it was first, it was informed that Rat placed first for its cunning and Ox placed second for its diligence. This left the king of the jungle having to settle for third place. – Chinese Zodiac
Your Chinese Zodiac is Tiger if you are born in one of these years: 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022.
This activity pack was a new set of printables for the Chinese New Year in 2020 and I have updated it for the Year of the Tiger 2022!
The rat is the first animal of the Chinese zodiac so it was only right that I created a bunch of new printables back then!
Other printable Chinese New Year activities I created include:
- Chinese New Year Bingo – can be played any year!
- Chinese New Year Coloring Book – updated for the Year of the Tiger!
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Free Chinese New Year Activities
So what’s in this activity pack for Chinese New Year?
Well, there are 3 puzzles and a coloring page all within the same document. The answer sheets are also included.
- Chinese New Year Wordsearch – words may appear horizontally or vertically, but forwards only.
- Year of the Tiger Maze – help the tiger get through the maze to the dim sum!
- Chinese New Year Word Scramble – 20 words which relate to Chinese New Year have been scrambled and you need to unscramble them! There are two sheets, with ten on each page. I’ve included pictures on the pages as clues to the answers!
- Year of the Tiger Coloring Page – this is from the coloring book I mentioned earlier, so grab the Markers, Crayons, or Coloring Pencils!
- As with [most of] my printables, they are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″)
- Downloads are at the end of the post and surrounded by a purple box.
Download Chinese New Year Activities Pack
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!