This Chinese New Year Bingo is a fun free printable to download and play for the Year of the Rat! The set includes everything you need to play a game of bingo with a Chinese New Year theme, for up to 12 players!
Make sure you check out the other awesome Free Chinese New Year Printables available on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Chinese New Year Bingo
Chinese New Year 2020 is the Year of the Rat and falls on January 25th.
The Rat is the first of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party. The Rat tricked the Ox into giving him a ride. Then, just as they arrived at the finish line, Rat jumped down and landed ahead of Ox, becoming first. – Chinese Zodiac
Your Chinese Zodiac is Rat if you are born in one of these years: 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020.
Since this is a new Chinese New Year printable game for 2020, you will find my cute rat character as one of the spots in the bingo game.
I’ve also got a Build-A-Rat printable template that you might want to download next.
As with [most of] my printables, they are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″)
Download your chosen printable from the list further down the page (they’re surrounded by a purple box)
Read this next: 50+ Delicious Recipes for Chinese New Year
About the CNY Bingo Set
Included in this Chinese New Year Bingo printable set are:
- 12 CNY Bingo Cards (full page)
- 12 CNY Bingo Cards (half page)
- 1 set of CNY Bingo Calling Cards
- 12 sets of 25 Chinese Zodiac Animal Tokens – Each set is a different Zodia animal:
There are twelve Bingo Cards with twelve different layouts – so there will always only be one winner.
There are full-page cards and half-page cards; they are the same layouts, just different sizes. (Does that make sense? I hope so!)
Simply print off the size you want to use. The bigger ones might be more suitable for younger children.
You could laminate the bingo cards and tokens if you have a laminator so you can use them again and again without worrying about the paper crumpling or tearing. It would also save on printer paper and ink!
You could also laminate the calling cards, shuffle and draw them like playing cards.
If you don’t want to use the printable tokens to mark each called picture, you could use counting chips like the ones kids use to do math.
Alternatively, you could use pens to cross pictures off as they are called. Although I think a bingo dauber is much more fun than a regular pen!
How To Prepare The Game
- Print & cut the Bingo Calling Cards along the lines, fold each one in half, and in half again and place them into a bowl.
- If you are laminating the Calling Cards, shuffle the deck and put them to one side.
- Print & cut the Bingo tokens – each player has 25 tokens. Alternatively, you can use pens or daubers to mark off each image as it is called
- Print the size of Bingo Card you require. If printing the half-page cards, cut in half so each player has one each.
How to Play Chinese New Year Bingo
Bingo is a fun and easy game to play and one that the whole family can enjoy!
I didn’t want to assume that everyone knows how to play bingo, because one should never assume! Here is how you play:
- Each player is given a Bingo Card and a set of Tokens. If you don’t want to use the tokens you can use a
- Assign someone to be the Bingo Caller.
- All players cover the FREE SPACE in the middle of the card.
- Decide what the winning line(s) will be; you could use a combo of 4 corners of their card, a horizontal line, a vertical line, a diagonal line, or fill the board completely for a Full House.
- The Bingo Caller pulls out one of the Calling Cards and calls it out to the players.
- The players then cover that picture on their card.
- The Winner is the first to complete the winning line(s) and shouts BINGO!
Know someone who would enjoy this free printable bingo game for Chinese New Year? Why not forward it onto them by email or WhatsApp?
Want to play bingo for other seasonal holidays? Grab these now and have them ready for when it is time to celebrate!
- Free Printable Easter Bingo Game
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo Game
- And for Road Trips: US License Plate Bingo
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Chinese New Year Bingo
- Chinese New Year Printable – Bingo – A4 Size
- Chinese New Year Printable – Bingo – US Letter Size
Downloads open in new tab/window
Get More: Free Chinese New Year Printables
Do you hang out on Pinterest? Make sure you follow The Purple Pumpkin for tons of great ideas!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!