This Flip Flop Wreath is a wonderful summer craft idea for you to decorate your front door for the season. Using flip flop coasters and felt tropical leaves and flowers, the wreath can be made in around 30-minutes!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Flip Flop Wreath
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions is found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Looking for a fun and easy summertime craft? Look no further than this flower & flip flop wreath!
It’s perfect for dressing up your door or even hanging on a wall, and would be great as a party decoration too!
It’s actually really easy to make – you only need a few supplies. So why not give it a try?
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
For your convenience, I’ve linked any notable materials and tools needed for this project to Amazon below. (It may not include basic crafting supplies such as glue or scissors, as you may already have those.) The complete list of ALL supplies required can be found on the tutorial card at the end of this post.
- 14-inch Wire Wreath Form
- Sandal (Flip Flop) Coasters – if you can’t find the ones shown, I have got details in the Craft Tips section before the tutorial card.
- Felt Tropical Leaves
- Felt Flowers
Cheap Craft Supplies
A great thing about this craft idea is that it’s budget-friendly using supplies you may already have or can be purchased cheaply in stores:
If you’re in the USA, check out your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree; and if you’re in the UK, the Poundshop, The Range, Wilko, and Baker Ross are great places to shop for cheap and inexpensive craft supplies. The rest of the world reading this – I don’t know every cheap store – sorry! But hunt the ones out in your location for crafting bargains!
More Summer Crafts
Looking for more crafts to make in the summertime? Here are some more for you to check out – right-click and open a new tab to read next!
- PomPom Ice Cream Cone Necklace Craft
- How To Make A Dreamcatcher
- Colorful Flip Flop Hello Sign – A Fun Easy Summer Craft!
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home for you to try!
The supplies pictured are from the Dollar Tree, however, if you can’t find the exact decoration, I’ve got a free flower and flip flop wreath template (opens in a new tab) for you to download where you can make your own wreath elements (from cardstock and burlap, and leaves and flowers from felt or craft foam).
- Download and print the pattern onto white paper and use it to draw around the various materials to create flip flops, leaves, and flowers for this craft.
- To make the flip flops, trace the flip flop shape 10 times on cardstock, and 10 times on burlap material. Cut out and glue together. To make the flip flop strap, trace the strap onto colored paper and cut it out. Use the angled lines as a guide and lightly draw them onto the straps. Cut at the angle in the middle, flip over, and then at the other end, bend under. Use the photos of the flip flops here as a guide and glue them in place on the burlap flip flops. You can decorate with flowers if desired – free-hand cut out a daisy shape, use a flower punch cutter, or use ready-cut foam flowers.
- To make the leaves, trace the leaf shape onto light green and dark green craft foam or cardstock and cut out.
- To make the flowers, trace the flower and flower center onto different colored craft foam or cardstock. Mix and match to make different flowers.
How Do I Make A Flip Flop Wreath?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 14 inch wire wreath form (I got mine from Dollar Tree)
- 3 packages of Dollar Tree Sandal Coasters (each package has 4 in it and you will end up using 10 sandals)
- 2 packages of leaf coasters from dollar tree
- 1 package of felt flower garland
- Hot Glue Gun/glue sticks
- Before sticking any of your wreath elements down, plan the layout first, using the final image here as a guide.
- To attach a flip flop to the wreath, add a thin line of glue (about 2-inches) to the outer and most inner section of the wire wreath. Press the flip flop onto the glue and apply pressure while it dries. Repeat for the remaining flip flops.
- Add glue to the back of the leaves and stick them in place as per your design.
- Glue the flowers in place on top of the leaves and display your flower and flip flop wreath where desired.