This Spiked Frozen Coke will bring the taste of Epcot to you wherever you are. Inspired by the cocktail at Epcot’s American Adventure and created using Coca-Cola and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey this bright and refreshing drink is perfect for afternoons in the garden.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spiked Frozen Coke
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
This frozen cocktail is inspired by the Frozen Coke with a Float of Buffalo Trace Whiskey at Walt Disney World’s Epcot World Showcase, specifically from the Liberty Inn in the American Showcase,
To make this frozen drink you’ll need to make a batch of Coca-Cola ice cubes, so remember to get those made in advance!
The Coke ice cubs are then crushed and blended with frozen sweet cherries and Buffalo Trace Bourbon, giving you a refreshing drink that is sure to transport your mind back to your Disney vacations!
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Coca-Cola – you will need some to make the drink, as well as some to make Coke ice cubes
- Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey – a brand of Kentucky bourbon, but you could use your favorite bourbon whiskey in this drink if you prefer (or if you can’t source it).
- Frozen Sweet Cherries
- Fresh Mint Leaves – optional garnish
- Maraschino Cherries – optional garnish
- Lemon Slices – optional garnish
This cocktail is made in a blender. You ideally need a blender that can crush ice. We love our Ninja Blender for doing that job superbly!
Buffalo Trace Bourbon
The best Kentucky and Indiana corn, carefully chosen rye, and premium malted barley are used to make Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon American Whiskey.
A perfectly balanced flavour of sweet, oak, and spice is created by carefully aging Buffalo Trace liquor in new American oak barrels, giving a long, smooth finish.
Making great Bourbon American Whiskey has been the focus of the Buffalo Trace Distillery for more than 200 years.
Buffalo Trace is sweet to the taste, with notes of brown sugar & spice that give way to oak, toffee, dark fruit & anise. For more info visit buffalotracedistillery.com.
More Bourbon & Whiskey Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Bourbon Apple Cider Maple Fizz Cocktail
- Tropical Island Breeze Cocktail with Bourbon & Rum
- Luck of The Irish Cocktail – A Grand Green Cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day!
Spiked Frozen Coke Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, like how to turn the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Frozen Coke Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a glass of frozen cokes we simply remove the alcohol! And that’s it!
You can also add some vanilla syrup for additional flavor if desired – add to taste.
However, if you still want the taste of bourbon, but none of the alcohol, there is a zero-alcohol alternative:
- Lyre’s American Malt – crafted to capture the essence of a gently mellowed American Classic Bourbon Malt with flavours that are distinct and contemporary. Available on Amazon UK and on Amazon.com
Spiked Frozen Cokes For a Crowd!
Want to make a big batch of this frozen drink for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
The recipe card makes 2 cocktails – simply multiply by as many as you need to get the quantities required, and blend in batches.
You could freeze bigger batches of Coca-Cola – use popsicle or ice lolly molds instead of small ice cube trays – to use in making big batches of frozen cocktails (and mocktails).
Although, if frozen drinks are your jam, you could splash out on a large 64-oz slush maker,
Or you could really splurge and invest in a Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker – perfect for big parties!
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Spiked Frozen Coke?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 12 oz Coca-Cola - to make ice cubes
- 24 Coke Ice Cubes
- 12 oz Coca-Cola
- 5 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey
- ½ cup frozen sweet cherries
- Mint Leaves
- Maraschino Cherries
- Lemon Slices
- 12-24 hours before making this cocktail, make the Coke ice cubes by pouring the 12-oz of Coca-Cola into ice cube trays and freezing until solid.
- Place the Coke ice cubes, Coca-Cola, Buffalo Trace, and frozen cherries into a blender.
- Using Pulse Mode, blend until the cocktail is smooth and mixed together.
- Pour the cocktail into two (8-oz) glasses and garnish with mint, cherries, and/or lemon slices as desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2083Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 514gFiber: 1gSugar: 510gProtein: 17g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Hot Cajun Shrimp Dip
- Soup: Slow Cooker Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- Main Dish: Sweet & Sour Pork Chops with Peppers & Pineapple
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Dessert: Coconut Pineapple Cupcakes with Rum
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.