Cherries and chocolate are a match made in dessert heaven, and this Cherry Chocolate Ganache Pie showcases both ingredients beautifully. Delightfully indulgent, the deep dish pie is layered with ganache and a homemade cherry pie filling – enjoy it with a swirl of whipped cream!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cherry Chocolate Ganache Pie
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Deep dish cherry chocolate ganache pie is a decadent dessert that will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and make you feel like royalty! Make this rich dessert for your family or bring it to work as an elegant treat!
While it may look like it takes a lot of work, it’s actually quite a simple pie to make.
The pie crust is bought ready-made, so there is no need to worry about making dough correctly, and the chocolate ganache is so easy to make with cream and chocolate.
Even the fresh cherry filling is easily made on the stovetop – the hardest part is waiting for different elements to cool down so you can layer them together in the pie!
So if you’re looking for something sweet that will impress everyone at any gathering, look no further than this impressive cherry and chocolate dessert.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Cherries, Lemons
- Dairy – Heavy Whipping Cream (Double Cream)
- Ready-made Pie Crusts – to fit a 9-inch pie dish
- Cornstarch – also known as Cornflour.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-Sweet/Plain
- 9-inch Deep Dish Pie Dish – use a glass/ceramic dish, or a disposable one, your choice!
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Cherries
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is cherries, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Quick & Easy Cherry Pecan Ice Cream Recipe (Churner NOT Required!)
- Awesome Chocolate Cherry Coke Layer Cake
- Iced Cherry Almond Cookies
More Pie Recipes
Looking for more piesto make? Check these recipes out next:
- Mini Pumpkin Pies with Whipped Cream Topping
- Classic Banana Cream Pie Recipe (From Scratch!)
- Ready To Make the Easiest No-Bake Mini Cannoli Pies Ever?
How Do I Make Cherry Chocolate Ganache Pie?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 (9"/22cm) pie crusts
For the Pie Filling
- 4 cups cherries
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (cornflour)
- ¼ cup water
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (plain)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (double cream)
- To make the cherry pie filling, pitt the cherries over a medium bowl, reserving the juice.
- Place the cherries and any juice from pitting into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the sugar and lemon juice and cook until the cherries are soft.
- In a small bowl, stir the cornstarch into the water to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the pan of cherries and stir continually until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and spray a 9-inch/22cm deep pie dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Place both premade pie crusts into the pie dish to create a thick crust.
- Place three-quarters of the cooled cherry filling into the pie shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until the shell is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a small pan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until it's simmering.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and leave to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth.
- Transfer one-quarter cup into a piping bag or squeeze bottle and set aside.
- Pour the remaining ganache over the cooled cherry pie and smooth it evenly.
- Place the pie into the fridge to set and harden.
- Once the ganache has hardened, scoop the remaining cherry filling on top and spread it out evenly.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the cherry pie.
- Place into the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 4gSugar: 51gProtein: 4g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Dip – Perfect for Sharing!
- Soup: Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup with Cannellini Beans
- Salad: Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Italian Pasta Puttanesca Recipe (with Anchovies, Olives and Capers)
- Side Dish: How to Cook the Most Amazing Oven Roasted Artichokes
- Beverage: A Delicious Prosecco Cocktail with Blackberry, Elderflower & Basil
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.