This creamy Chicken and Asparagus Linguine is a quick and easy weeknight meal that is loaded with flavor. The creamy sauce is made with a combination of chicken broth, cream cheese, and Parmesan and the asparagus adds a nice crunch and color to the dish. Serve with crusty bread for dunking!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Chicken and Asparagus Linguine
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Have you ever made a dish that is so good, you can’t believe it’s homemade? This Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Linguine is one of those recipes.
It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. You won’t believe how delicious this pasta dish is!
So, what are you waiting for?
It only takes 35 minutes from start to finish, and your family will love this quick and tasty dinner!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Shallots, Garlic, Lemons, Asparagus, Parsley
- Protein – Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dairy – Heavy Cream, Unsalted Butter, Cream Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
- Chicken Broth/Stock
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Asparagus
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is asparagus, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- 15-Minute Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Italian Gremolata
- Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 25-Minute Orange-Glazed Salmon Recipe with Asparagus
More Pasta Recipes
Looking for more pasta dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Italian Pasta Puttanesca Recipe (with Anchovies, Olives and Capers)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Basil, Kalamata Olives, and Feta
- Pasta Fagioli – Slow Cooker Meal Prep
- Transferring the cooked linguine directly into the skillet with the chicken and asparagus (from the pot it was prepared in) adds just enough of the cooking liquid to help thicken up the sauce while eliminating the need to drain and rinse the pasta.
How Do I Make Chicken and Asparagus Linguine?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- ½ cup heavy cream (double cream)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz (100g) cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated + more for serving
- ¾ cup chicken broth/stock, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (450g) linguine
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 1 lb (450g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh parsley sprigs and sliced lemon, for garnish, optional
- Prepare the cheese sauce by combining the heavy cream, butter, and cream cheese in a large skillet set over medium-low heat. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine.
- Heat the cheese mixture for 1-2 minutes, stirring continually, until no lumps remain. Gradually stir in the Parmesan cheese, one-quarter cup at a time, until completely incorporated into the sauce.
- Stir one-half cup of chicken broth into the cheese sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- While the cheese sauce is simmering, heat a large pot of generously salted water over high heat and prepare the linguine according to package directions.
- While the pasta water comes to a boil, add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the chicken and lemon zest and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is nicely browned.
- Deglaze the skillet by adding the remaining chicken broth, gently scraping the bottom with a spatula to release any browned bits.
- Add the asparagus and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes just until the asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked linguine from the pot directly into the skillet with the cooked chicken and asparagus. Add the cheese sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley sprigs, lemon slices, and additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Transferring the cooked linguine directly into the skillet with the chicken and asparagus (from the pot it was prepared in) adds just enough of the cooking liquid to help thicken up the sauce while eliminating the need to drain and rinse the pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 867Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 977mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 56g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: Classic Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze – An Easy Party Appetizer
- Soup: Hearty Minestrone Soup with Arugula
- Salad: Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Side Dish: Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Beverage: Fresh & Delicious Grapefruit Margaritas
- Dessert: Mini Berry Pavlovas
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.