Easter is just around the corner, and if you’re looking for a unique and fun Easter basket idea, look no further than this Baby Yoda AKA Grogu Easter Basket! This basket is decorated with a Cricut-cut vinyl sticker of everyone’s favorite little green guy, and it’s sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Grogu Easter Basket
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions is found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
We now know him as Grogu, but we fell in love with the little green guy when he was simply named Baby Yoda (by the fandom)!
This awesome Grogu Easter Basket idea is perfect for fans of The Mandalorian and the Star Wars franchise!
A simple green basket is decorated with a vinyl sticker of Grogu, using a Cricut Cutting Machine such as the Cricut Maker, as well as the recipient’s name using a free Star Wars-themed font called Star Jedi.
Keep reading for instructions on how to make the decorations, and ideas of what to fill the Grogu Easter Basket with!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
The complete list of supplies, which may include basic crafting items that you already have can be found in the tutorial card at the end of this post. For your convenience, I’ve linked any notable materials and tools needed for this project to Amazon below.
- Green Oracal 651 Vinyl – or your preferred brand of adhesive vinyl
- Black Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Beige Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Light Brown Oracal 651 Vinyl
- White Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Cricut Machine
- Blue (LightGrip) Cutting Mat
- Scraper Tool & Weeding Tool
- Transfer Tape
- Green Plastic Bucket/Basket – you can use any size/style you like
- Baby Yoda (Grogu) SVG File – upload to Cricut Design Space
- Star Jedi Font – download, unzip and install to your device
Cheap Craft Supplies
Don’t forget to check the cheaper stores for craft supplies and gifts for your Easter baskets!
If you’re in the USA, check out your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree; and if you’re in the UK, the Poundshop, The Range, Wilko, and Baker Ross are great places to shop for cheap and inexpensive craft supplies. The rest of the world reading this – I don’t know every cheap store – sorry! But hunt the ones out in your location for crafting bargains!
What Can I Put In A Grogu Easter Basket?
These products (from USA stores) are the ones pictured here, but I have alternatives for those in the UK too. And of course, check your local stores for Grogu and Mandalorian merch!
- Grogu Cup without Lid (Party City)
- Grogu Cup with Lid (Five Below)
- Grogu Remote Control Pram (Five Below)
- Grogu Headphones (Five Below)
- Grogu Robe (Walmart)
- Grogu Easter Egg (similar to the one shown, Target)
- Grogu Magic Wash Cloth (Ebay or Dollar Tree)
Grogu Easter Basket Ideas (UK)
- Grogu Egg Cup (Amazon UK)
- Grogu Water Bottle (Amazon UK)
- Grogu Pop Vinyl Figurine (Smyths)
- Grogu Headphones (Amazon UK)
- Grogu Robe (Asda)
- Grogu Notebook (Amazon UK)
- Grogu Cereal Bowl (Asda)
- Grogu Hair Scrunchies (TK Maxx)
- Grogu Easter Egg
- Grogu Plush Toy (Shop Disney)
- Grogu Duvet Set (Asda)
- Grogu Lego (Amazon UK)
- Grogu Bath Towel (Amazon UK)
More Baby Yoda Crafts
Looking for more Grogu crafts? Here are some more for you to check out! Just right-click and open a new tab to read next!
- Make Your Own DIY Baby Yoda Plush! Cute Mini Felt Baby Yoda Tutorial
- Build A Baby Yoda Free Printable!
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home for you to try!
How Do I Make A Grogu Easter Basket?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Cricut Machine
- Blue Cutting Mat
- Scraper Tool
- Weeding Tool
- Upload the Grogu SVG file to Cricut Design Space. Use the eye icon next to each color to turn off all colors but black. You can now duplicate the black if you want several stickers. Send it to the machine to cut on vinyl setting on the dial.
- Place black vinyl on the blue cutting machine and cut.
- Repeat Step 2 for every color of each layer on the SVG.
- Use a weeding tool to remove negative space as required.
- Place a piece of transfer tape over Grogu's green head and hands. Scrape well with scraper tool or credit card if you don't have the scraper tool.
- Peel back the transfer tape making sure the green design sticks to the tape. Align it over the black in the area the green head is suppose to be, place down and press well with a scraper. Peel back the transfer tape carefully making sure the design sticks.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other layers, Starting with the beige collar and cuffs, then finally the brown coat.
- Once the Grogu sticker has been layer, peel it and stick it in place on your green bucket.
- To add a name to your bucket, install the Star Jedi font onto your device and import the font into your Cricut Design Space.
- Use the text feature and select the Star Jedi font. Type out the name and size accordingly to fit your basket.
- Send the text to cut on black vinyl and weed the name as required.
- Use transfer tape over the top of the vinyl name and scrape well. Peel back making sure the design sticks to the transfer tape.
- Press onto the basket and scrape well. Peel back slowly making sure the design sticks to the basket.
- Fill the basket with Grogu toys of choice. This Is The Way! Enjoy!