This Apple Pie Spice Popcorn is for adults-only! The popcorn is covered with an apple pie spiced caramel and then mixed together with apple-bourbon sugar pecans which taste AMAZING just on their own, never mind with this yummy popcorn flavor! Make a batch of this popcorn to enjoy while watching a fall movie!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Apple Pie Spice Popcorn
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
Popcorn is THE snack to munch on when watching a movie, but how about taking it to an adults-only place by using bourbon to add a delicious twist to this classic snack?
Not only does the bourbon flavor permeate through the popcorn you’ve also got the spices of apple pie in there too – all the flavors of fall!
Oh, and there are bourbon sugar pecans thrown in for good measure too! These can actually be made as a snack in their own right and would also make a tasty edible gift.
If this sounds like a popcorn mix you could dip your hand into, then read on to learn how to make it!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
You may have some of the ingredients for this recipe in your kitchen already – the full list with measurements is found in the recipe card.
For your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon if available online.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Apple Pie Spice – a spice blend, much like Pumpkin Pie Spice. It uses more cinnamon. If you can’t source Apple Pie Spice, see below for a quick and easy recipe!
- Apple Bourbon – if you can’t source Apple Bourbon, use the regular stuff!
- Pecan Halves
- Popcorn Kernels
- Corn Syrup
- Baking Soda – known as Bicarbonate of Soda in the UK
How Do I Make Apple Pie Spice?
Mix together the following ground spices in a bowl and transfer to an airtight container. Store in a dry, dark, cool place to use in recipes that require apple pie spice.
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¾ tsp Ground Allspice
This recipe uses American cups. They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
More Recipes Using Popcorn
The hero ingredients in this recipe is popcorn! So here are some more recipes using the same:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn Mix
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn! Cupid’s Popcorn Mix
- 50 Awesome Popcorn Recipes for Movie Nights & Parties!
More Snack Recipes
Looking for more snack recipe inspo? Check these out next:
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!
How Do I Make Apple Spice Popcorn?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
For the Bourbon Pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Apple Bourbon
- 2 cups pecan halves
For the Apple Pie Spice Popcorn
- ¾ cup popcorn kernels, popped
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 1 Tbsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Apple Bourbon
- To make the Bourbon Pecans, preheat oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the sugar, apple pie spice, and bourbon into a medium bowl stir to combine.
- Add the pecans and stir to coat well.
- Pour the pecans onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes and then every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely, before transferring to an airtight container until needed.
- To make the Apple Pie Spice Popcorn, preheat oven to 120C/250F/Gas ½ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Spread the popped popcorn across both of the baking sheets and set aside.
- Place the butter, apple pie spice, brown sugar, and corn syrup into a large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Stir the mixture until melted and starts to bubble.
- Stop stirring and set a timer for 2 minutes. The caramel will bubble up and expand. After 2 minutes turn off the heat. Remove pan from the stovetop.
- Stir in the baking soda and bourbon - the mixture will rise and foam up so be careful!
- Pour the bourbon caramel evenly over the two baking sheets of popcorn and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir the popcorn before leaving to cool.
- Once cooled combine the popcorn and pecans in a large bowl and toss to combine.
The bourbon sugar pecans can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1113Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 547mgCarbohydrates: 146gFiber: 4gSugar: 139gProtein: 4g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.