This free printable Watermelon Word Search set is just perfect for summer! There may be times when the kiddos need to cool off from the heat, or the weather might have turned and they need an activity to do!
Simply print off these free word search puzzles and problem solved! There are five word searches of varying difficulty in this set which means the whole family can join in the fun!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Watermelon Word Search!
Word search puzzles are fun for kids and adults alike, and are a perfect activity for when the weather isn’t so good! Plus it’s a great way to get away from looking at tech screens!
When I think of summer, WATERMELON is one of the first things that spring to my mind! So I have created a whole bunch of fun Watermelon Printables which includes crafts and activities that are fun for all ages.
These watermelon word search puzzles are a little bit different though. Instead of finding several different words, you’re only looking for one word: WATERMELON!
- There are five different word searches in this printable set with varying difficulty.
- The watermelon in the easier puzzles appear horizontally and vertically and forwards only.
- In the more difficult ones, they appear forwards and backward and in all directions – horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
- They are laid out in the printable in difficulty order, from easy to super hard!
Also included are the answer sheets to all the puzzles should you have trouble finding all of the watermelons!
Puzzles like this watermelon word search are also fab for those with a competitive nature!
Whether it is by yourself and trying to solve the puzzle against a timer, or with other people to see who can find all the words first.
Once you have found all of the watermelons, write the number of times you found them in the space provided!
I personally like to use highlighter pens to mark words when I find them instead of crossing them through.
Highlighting the words is best for children as the letters can still be clearly seen (useful when words cross paths on the grid).
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Benefits of Word Searches
Word searches are great brain training puzzles for people of all ages.
They are fun to do and they have some great benefits including:
- Developing word recognition
- Developing pattern recognition
- Encourage problem-solving
- Increasing vocabulary
- Improving spelling
- Can help to boost your memory and brain development
More Word Search Printables
Looking for more word search printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Star Wars Word Search Puzzles for May the 4th!
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Search
- Free Printable World War II & VE Day Word Search
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Watermelon Word Search
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!