These Snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Christmas ornaments are guaranteed not to melt, and you can make them even if it hasn’t snowed! This Disney craft is fun for all ages and is made very easily using a free printable template and construction paper. Read on to find out how to make these awesome Mickey and Minnie snowman ornaments!
I’ve got more Snowman Crafts & Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other activities in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Christmas Ornaments
If snow hasn’t fallen yet (or doesn’t even fall in your part of the world!) and you want to make a snowman, why not make these sweet snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Christmas ornaments instead?
I’ve shared a few Mickey ornaments recently including an Elf Mickey Christmas Ornament, and I’ve got a whole set of Mickey and Minnie ornaments on their way over the coming weeks!
Make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (see below) so that you don’t miss them!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper in the following colors:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Orange (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Green (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments to make them last longer if you wish
- Snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornament Template
- You will find the template download links before the tutorial card and surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornament Craft Tips
- Print the template onto the suggested colored construction paper and cut the pieces out. (But you could use any colors you want!)
- If construction paper won’t go through your printer, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored paper/card. You will have to add any detail with a black marker pen.
- Another option is to print onto white paper and color the pieces in with crayons, pens, paints, or pencils.
- Or what about making these Mickey and Minnie snowmen using craft foam? You will have to add any detail with a black marker pen.
- Cut all the pieces out and lay them where they should go before sticking down with glue.
- An optional extra is adding glitter: apply white school glue to the parts you want to add some sparkle, sprinkle glitter on top, shake off the excess and leave to dry. We’ve suggested parts of the ornament to add glitter to, but you can add it wherever you like!
- Stick a loop of string (red and white baker’s twine is very festive looking!) or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Cover the fixings with a circle of matching color paper to hide them. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
- If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Download Snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornaments Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
How Do I Make Snowman Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornaments?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- Construction Paper in the following colors: Black, White, Red, Green, Orange
- Orange Fine Glitter (optional)
- Green Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black Fine Glitter (optional)
- String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the snowman Mickey and Minnie ornament template onto corresponding colored papers (Link in the blog post) and carefully cut the pieces out.
- Space the ears evenly and stick to the back of the ornament with a glue stick
- For Mickey, glue the hat between the ears, and then stick the hatband on top.
- For Minnie, glue the bow between the ears.
- Stick the carrot nose between the eyes and mouth.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue carefully to the carrot noses and cover with orange glitter Shake off excess and leave to dry. Then repeat on Mickey's hatband with green glitter. And finally, on the coal dots that form the eyes and mouth - use black glitter here. Allow drying time in between the different glitter applications.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- To hide your workings at the back you could add another large circle of white paper to cover.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornament so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Mickey and Minnie snowman ornaments on your Christmas tree!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Disney’s Frozen Olaf Christmas Ornament Craft
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Ornaments Craft for Christmas
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament Craft
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!