I’ve another recipe from the Flora #HalloweenFunPack – for Pumpkin and Chocolate Orange Cupcakes (although, the recipe in the fun pack are Pumpkin and Orange Spider Muffins) – I just chose to decorate in a different way!
I’ve got lots of fun and easy Cupcake Recipes for Parties for you to try out – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
Pumpkin and Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 175g Flora Buttery
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 300g self-raising flour; sieved
- 3 medium eggs
- 5 tbsps semi-skimmed milk
- 100g canned pumpkin (alternatively 100g cooked pumpkin or butternut squash, mashed)
- zest of 1 orange
- 12 tsps chocolate hazelnut spread
- 40g dark chocolate
- 40g white chocolate
- jelly pumpkins or sprinkles to decorate
- Place 12 cupcake cases into a tin.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
- With an electric mixer beat the Flora Buttery, sugar, flour, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Fold in the pumpkin and orange zest.
- Half-fill each cupcake case with the mixture.
- Add one teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread in the centre of each cupcake.
- Add the remaining cake mixture to cover.
- Bake for 20-25 until risen and golden. Check they are cooked through by inserting a cocktail stick – it should come out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool before decorating.
- To decorate, break the dark chocolate and white chocolate into two separate microwave safe bowls. Melt in bursts for up to around 40 seconds – stirring and being careful not to burn the chocolate. Alternatively you could melt in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the dark and white chocolate across the top in any direction you like.
- Decorate with jelly pumpkins or sprinkles of your choice.