Throw the dice and take a gamble with this Oogie Boogie Mocktail! It is a fizzy, gummy worm-filled drink that is perfect for Halloween! It’s so easy and fun to make, and the addition of gummy worms gives it just the right amount of grossness that kids love! Make individual glasses of this Halloween mocktail, or make a large batch and fill up a cauldron with the green bubbling liquid for your own Oogie Boogie Bash!
I have included links to some useful cocktail products in this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oogie Boogie Mocktail
The Oogie Boogie is the main villain from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas and so it is fitting that this kid-friendly Halloween drink would be green, and filled with bugs – like he is! But don’t worry, the bugs are the gummy variety!
Ingredients used in this cocktail
- Lime Sherbet (Sorbet) – if you can’t find lime, you could use lemon or lemon-lime and add some food coloring.
- Vanilla Syrup – or you could make your own simple syrup using ½ cup each of sugar and water dissolved in a pan over medium heat. Leave to cool then stir in a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
- Lemon-Lime Soda – Sprite, 7-Up, or sparkling water if you don’t want to use soda
- Gummy Worms – for garnish. Gummy worms are the easiest bug candies to find, but if you can buy gummy spiders and other creepy-crawlies then that will definitely up the gross factor on this mocktail!
- Green Food Coloring – optional, if you need to get a more green color to the drink.
How to make an Oogie Boogie Mocktail
This Oogie Boogie drink is so simple that even the kids could make it!
You just need to scoop some lime sherbet/sorbet into a glass, add a dash of vanilla syrup (optional), and top up with a lemon-lime soda. Lots of bubbles should form as you pour the soda into the glass, so be careful not to overfill!
The bubbles give it that spooky Halloween potion look which I think is so cool! Finish off with some gummy worms (and other bugs if you have them) and serve.
I would love if you shared this post on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
Make It A Nightmare Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make a full-on Nightmare Before Christmas meal? Here are my suggestions:
- Appetizer: Bloody Mary Soup (Vodka optional!)
- Main Dish: Ghoul-ash, Spooky Spuds & Poisoned Peas
- Side Dish: Cheesy Cornbread Recipe
- Dessert: The Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Cake
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
More Halloween Mocktails To Make
If the kids are clamoring for more spooky drinks this Halloween, make them one of these:
- Frogspawn Slushie
- Pumpkin Juice – Harry Potter Copycat Recipe
- Eerie Eyeball Fruit Punch for Halloween!
- 2 scoops lime sherbert (sorbet)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla syrup (optional)
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- 3 to 4 gummy worms
- Place sherbert into the glass.
- Add vanilla syrup if using.
- Top up with soda or sparkling water. Be careful not to overfill as it is bubble and foam up!
- Garnish with gummy worms and enjoy!
- To make a large batch, dump the whole container of sherbet into a punch bowl and carefully pour the whole bottle (2L) of soda over. Toss in gummy worms and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 134gFiber: 2gSugar: 115gProtein: 2g
Spiked Oogie Boogie Cocktails
With all of my cocktail recipes, I try to give some variations – usually so that non-drinkers and kids can enjoy a mocktail version of the beverage. However, since this drink is non-alcoholic I am having to do the reverse!
Turn this mocktail into a boozy cocktail by adding a shot of your favorite liquor. Here are some of my suggestions (which leave out the vanilla syrup, but you can leave it in if you want that additional flavor!).
Oogie Boogie Mojito – Since the base of this drink is lime flavor, it naturally lends itself to becoming a mojito of sorts! Add in a shot of white rum, and muddle up some mint leaves to toss into the drink too.
Oogie Boogie Mule – Add a shot of vodka to the sherbet-filled glass, and replace the lemon-lime soda with ginger beer.
Cuba Oogie Boogie Libre – Add a shot of rum to the sherbet-filled glass, and replace the lemon-lime soda with coke instead.
Oogie Boogie Rickey – Add a shot of gin to the sherbet-filled glass, and replace the lemon-lime soda with plain soda water.
Oogie Boogie Margarita – Add a shot of tequila and a half shot of triple sec to the sherbet-filled glass, and fill with lemon-lime soda.
You could also experiment by using different flavored syrups. I love the Monin brand of syrups as there are lots of flavors and they are a very versatile ingredient that can be used in cocktails, mocktails, coffee, cocoa, shakes, smoothies, and more.
Oogie Boogie Party Punch
If you want to make Oogie Boogie’s beverage for a crowd, you can make a large batch very easily!
Simply dump the whole container of lime sherbet into a large punch bowl and empty a 2L bottle of lemon-lime soda over the top. Toss in a bunch of gummy bugs and it’s done!
Why not serve it in a cauldron for a seasonal touch!
And if you want to spike it – you can!
Shop My Halloween Mocktail Picks on Amazon
Throw the dice and take a gamble with this Oogie Boogie Mocktail! It is a fizzy, gummy worm-filled drink that is perfect for Halloween! #Mocktails #Halloween