Six years ago today I was getting ready to walk down the aisle towards my future husband. It was one of the happiest days of my life, and a memory that is etched onto my heart forever and for always. It turns out, that today is also the weekday that we got married on – so it feels like an extra special wedding anniversary! We got married on Wednesday 5th August 2009 at The Reid Rooms in Margaret Roding, Essex – a beautiful venue that we fell in love with and was perfect for us and our wedding party!
I’m sharing lots of the official photographs (they can be clicked to enlarge) that we had taken on the day – the favourites that went into our wedding photobook, as well as a couple of videos I made using photos and video footage from our big day!
I wrote all about our wedding day a few years ago on my blog, so if you’d like to read them, you can find the links to all the details of our day, scattered amongst the photo galleries below! And you can find other related posts I’ve written over the years about our wedding here.
- Our Venue – The Reid Rooms
- The Invitations
- The Stationery
- The Jewellery
- The Favours
- Attendant’s Gifts
- Memories & Keepsakes
More links about our wedding day!
The final links to posts I wrote about our wedding day!
I had planned to write a full post about what we would do differently, inspired by Leah over on Just Me Leah who wrote a post recently about exactly that for her wedding! But time got the better of me, so I’ll have to save that for next year! However, as I’ve compiled the photos for this post, some things have sprung to mind, so here they are in short…
- I’d choose a different photographer – now my eye for photos has become a lot better, I look at some of our wedding photos and cringe at the composition and lighting. I would choose a much more modern photographer who has a good eye for candid shots and for the little details.
- I’d make sure I’d got key photos taken – there isn’t one of just me with my mum; I don’t have any of my husband with the bridesmaids, or him with his best men; there isn’t any of us with our friends; and lots of the little details that I asked to make sure were photographed, were not.
- I’d make sure that the back of my dress was done up correctly – the girls did their best at lacing me into my dress – but having only been shown once, they forgot to pull down the panel, and I can see it sticking out, which winds me up!!
- I’d order more buffet food for the evening – it ran out, even though we were told we would have enough. It’s my worst fear when catering for a party! So many people told us since that they didn’t even get a look in!
- I’d make sure that our singer, Craig Neil would set up outside – our wedding day was blazing hot, and so, everyone sat outside in the courtyard. No staff told him he could set up out there, so he was set up in the reception room, and barely anyone saw him! You could hear him outside though, but it’s not the point!
- I’d hire the photographer and videographer to stay into the evening – I am sad that we have barely a single photo from the evening reception and all the additional guests we had!
- I’d remember to kiss my dad at the end of the aisle – in my rush to get married, I forgot to give him a kiss! I see it every time in the video and it makes me so sad that I didn’t do that!
And I think that is it! I had so much fun planning our wedding, and still love all the added extras we did to make the day memorable (someone was overheard saying that “it was better than they thought it would be”) but the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing!
I’ve loved looking back at our wedding photographs, and remembering the day… as well as crying my way through the videos! I only have to hear the key songs from our wedding and I’m in tears! I hope you have enjoyed looking at them too, but I’m curious – would you change anything about your wedding?