This recipe for honeyed red cabbage is my mums. She has been making it every Christmas for a few years now, and gave me the recipe back in December so I could make it for our Christmas Day lunch. I don’t have a photo of it on its own, but it’s that pile of red deliciousness at the front of my Christmas lunch plate ^_^
This is my first recipe for Christmas in July!
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200ml apple juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a large saucepan, gently fry the onions in the oil until soft.
- Add the cabbage, apple juice and white wine vinegar.
- Stir, cover and simmer for 40 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
- Stir through the honey and serve.