This weekend has been a busy one, and so, I’m going to share my tried and tested cupcake recipe that I always use. I cheated and bought frosting, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! After baking and icing the cakes, I added some sprinkles and then each sugarpaste/fondant model on top.
- 335g unsalted butter, softened
- 335g caster sugar
- 335g self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175C/Gas 4, and line a tin with cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together all the ingredients with an electric mixer until pale, smooth and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases - I use an ice-cream scoop to get an even divide.
- Bake for 20 minutes. A skewer should come out clean to indicate that they are done.
- To turn these vanilla cupcakes into chocolate, add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the mix.
Check out these 25+ Cupcake Recipes for more fun, and easy celebration and holiday cupcakes!
I am hosting a month long Halloween Link Party to celebrate Crafty October and would love for you to share your Halloween ideas – crafts, recipes, costumes, parties…anything goes, as long as it is family friendly! It’s my favourite time of year, (as you may well know!) and I can’t wait to see what you link up!