Greek Salad Skewers are perfect appetizers for summer entertaining. These tasty bites are so simple to make and only take 10 minutes to prepare. You need just four simple ingredients – cucumber, Feta, olives, and cherry tomatoes. Just chop and add the ingredients to wooden sticks to create pretty party food for your guests!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Greek Salad Skewers
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
The ingredients in a Greek salad are simple and classic and we’ve taken some of these ingredients and turned them into finger food.
These Greek salad skewers are a quick and easy appetizer for parties, especially in warmer weather, (but can be enjoyed year-round!).
Crunchy cucumber, juicy olives, creamy Feta cheese, and sweet tomatoes are the perfect combo and these skewers can be ready to serve in no time at all.
As written, this recipe serves as a light appetizer for 4 to 6 people. However, it can easily be scaled for more substantial portions and/or larger gatherings, as well.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes
- Dairy – Feta Cheese
- Black Olives – Kalamata olives, ideally, but any black olive you prefer is fine
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning – this recipe uses store-bought Italian Seasoning, but it is so easy to make your own herb mixes, especially if you already have a bunch of herbs and spices in your pantry already. Just mix equal measures of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, and thyme. You can also add a pinch of garlic granules or powder as well as red chili flakes if you like. Store in an airtight jar and use in recipes as required.
- 8-inch wooden skewers
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Skewers!
Food served on skewers are great for parties, here are some more recipes to try:
- Classic Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze – An Easy Party Appetizer
- Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers Party Appetizer with Balsamic Glaze
- Spicy Chicken Satay Recipe with a Peanut Dipping Sauce
More Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more appetizers to make? Check these recipes out next:
- 7 Layer Dip Cups – An Easy Tex-Mex Appetizer for Parties!
- Savory Puff Pastry Bites with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts Party Appetizer with Spicy Mustard Dip
- You can assemble the skewers in two ways – as described in the recipe so that they “stand up” on a serving plate, or you can cut chunks of cucumber and thread the ingredients on so that the skewers can lay down and be piled high. Either way is good!
How Do I Make Greek Salad Skewers?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 small cucumber, cut into 12 equally thick slices
- 8 oz (225g) block Feta cheese, cut into 12 equal-size chunks
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, any color
- 12 large black olives, pitted
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter and top each with a chunk of Feta cheese.
- Gently press one end of an 8-inch wooden skewer through the cheese and cucumber until secure, then add a tomato, followed by a black olive to top each skewer.
- Right before serving, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the skewers and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and enjoy!
You will also need 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 692mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Soup: Authentic Greek-Cypriot Avgolemono – Egg Lemon Soup
- Salad: Cypriot Village Salad
- Main Dish: Mediterranean Pan-Fried White Fish with Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- Side Dish: Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Beverage: Classic Mojito
- Dessert: Strawberry & Lemon Summer Layer Cake with Lemon Frosting
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.