These free printable Star Wars Word Search puzzles are perfect for May the 4th – Star Wars Day!
There are 15 different puzzles to solve with over 150 words related to the Star Wars franchise, including characters, droids, planets, and spaceships!
From easy 10-word puzzles for the younglings to super hard word searches for the most masterful of Jedi, these are full of fun for Star Wars fans everywhere!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Star Wars Word Search Puzzles
Word search puzzles are fun for kids and adults alike, and these free printable word searches are perfect for Star Wars fans!
We LOVE Star Wars at The Purple Pumpkin Blog – from the original movies to the prequels, sequels, and other Star Wars stories like Rogue One, to television series like The Mandalorian! (You know that Grogu (aka Baby Yoda) is our favorite!)
I racked my brain for as many different characters, droids, planets, spaceships, aliens, and words associated with the Star Wars universe and came up with more than 150!
To that end, I have created 15 different word searches of varying difficulty (they are color-coded):
- In the three (green) easy word search puzzles, simple words appear horizontally and vertically and forwards only. Example word: JEDI
- In the three (orange) medium word search puzzles, longer words, and phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and forwards only. Example word: ALDERAAN
- In the three (red) hard word search puzzles, words, and phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, and forwards only. Example words: GALACTIC EMPIRE
- In the six (yellow) super-hard word search puzzles, words, and phrases appear in all directions – horizontally, vertically, diagonally, forwards, and backward. Example words: SUPREME CHANCELLOR VALORUM
Also included is the answer sheets to all the puzzles should you have trouble finding all of the words/phrases.
You’ll search for original heroes like Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia and Darth Vader to newer favorites like Rey, Kylo Ren, and Finn. As well as obscure characters like Watto and Nien Nunb.
Droids tend to have numbers in their names, so you’ll have to find Artoo (R2-D2) and See Threepio (C-3PO) in the jumble of letters! Find locations like Dagobah, Endor, and Tatooine.
There are even the names of all the movies and series, and some famous quotes too!
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
How To Solve A Word Search
A list of words (and phrases) are hidden in a grid of jumbled up letters.
You must search through the grid to find the words, crossing them off the list as you go.
Words appear in a straight, unbroken line. Two-word clues, such as “STAR WARS” will be unbroken and appear as “STARWARS” in the grid without a space in between the words.
Depending on the difficulty level of the puzzle, words may appear forwards, backwards, horizontally, vertically, and/or diagonally. The directions for each puzzle are included on the printable.
Words may also cross paths or overlap (especially in more difficult levels).
You can use a pen or pencil to circle around or cross out the words as they are found. I find that a highlighter pen is best for children as the letters can still be clearly seen (useful when words cross paths on the grid).
As you find the words, cross them off the list so that you can keep track.
Puzzles like this Star Wars word search are fab for those with a competitive nature! Whether it is by yourself and trying to solve the puzzle against a timer, or with other people to see who can find all the words first.
Benefits of Word Searches
Word searches are great brain training puzzles for people of all ages. They are fun to do and they have some great benefits including:
- Developing word recognition
- Developing pattern recognition
- Encourage problem-solving
- Increasing vocabulary
- Improving spelling
- Helping to boost memory and brain development
More Word Search Printables
Looking for more word search printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Search
- 3 Free Printable 4th of July Word Search Puzzles
- Free Printable World War II & VE Day Word Search
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Printable Star Wars Word Search
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!