These free printable Watermelon Memory Game Cards are great for playing the classic Concentration game (although you may have called it Matching Pairs, or something else entirely!). Featuring lots of watermelon-theme pictures, they are just perfect for the summertime. Just print out the template, cut out the cards and play!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Watermelon Memory Game Cards
Whether you call this game Concentration, Memory, Matching Pairs, or something else entirely, the premise is pretty much exactly the same!
I remember playing concentration with a regular deck of playing cards when I was a kid, and then again with my son when he was a kiddo, but using fun cards with animals and dinosaurs on them.
It doesn’t matter what your age, this simple card game is a lot of fun, even if it might be a bit challenging at times!
There are 4 printable sheets with 8 pairs of cards on each. The cards have watermelon-themed pictures, and there is an additional backing sheet too!
How To Use The Watermelon Memory Game Printable
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the watermelon matching game printable as you need onto thick white paper or cardstock.
- I have provided the backside for the cards which you can either print out using the duplex function if your printer has that.
- Or by printing out the front and back for each set of cards and gluing them together before cutting out.
- Alternatively, mount the cards onto colored construction paper or cardstock to create a nice reverse side to the cards. This is optional – you can leave the back white if you prefer, but bear in mind that if you use thin paper you may see the images through at the back!
- Cut around the whole sheet of cards first, then, down the middle of the thicker pink lines horizontally and vertically. This should give you an even edge around each card. You may find a paper trimmer will mke this job easier!
- TIP! To protect the cards so that they last longer, laminate each card after cutting. Leave a slight edge around each card when cutting the laminate sheet to not fall apart.
How To Play Watermelon Memory (Concentration)
- Shuffle the cards – you can use just one single set (8 pairs of cards) for younger children, through to all of them for older kids and adults.
- Place them face down in a grid formation across the table or floor. A grid makes remembering where cards are easier – or you could place them more haphazardly if you prefer!
- Players take it in turns to flip over two cards and see if they match. If they do, they keep the pair of cards and take another turn.
- If they don’t match, the cards are flipped back over in the same place and the next player has their turn.
- Once all the cards have been matched, the game is over, and the person with the most pairs wins!
Benefits of Memory Match Games
- The rules are very simple for even the youngest of children (suitable for ages 3 and up).
- The game helps to develop concentration skills.
- The game helps to develop memory skills.
- Can help with visual discrimination which is the ability to see differences and similarities – such as difference in size and shape.
- Games help to develop turn-taking, and how to be a gracious winner or loser!
- Depending on the theme, the game can help with color recognition, letters, words, numbers, shapes, and in turn improving literacy and numeracy.
Download Watermelon Memory Game Cards
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
More Watermelon Printables
I’ve created more watermelon printables that you might like to download! Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Watermelon I Spy Game (Picture Search!) for Summer
- Free Printable Watermelon Word Search! Fun Puzzle for Kids!
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!