This free printable St. Patrick’s Day Word Finding Game is great to play with all the family. Just print as many of the worksheets as you need, and see how many words you can make from the letters in the words St. Patrick’s Day! It’s an awesome way to sneak in some learning for the kids while they play a game!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
St. Patrick’s Day Word Finding Game
Word puzzles are great for all ages, and have so many benefits other than just having fun!
In this free printable you have to write down as many words as you can find using the letters in the words St. Patrick’s Day.
The printable set contains 3 parts – the front page, middle, and last page. Different age groups may need a different number of sheets – depending on how many words they can find!
This St. Patrick’s Day Word Finding Game can be used as a competition between family and friends, as a timed challenge, or finding a set number of words.
Word games like this one can be played in groups, pairs, or individually, making them a great activity for the classroom.
You can make 875 different words using the letters in St. Patrick’s Day ranging from two-letter words to ten-letter words – how many will you find?
How To Use The St. Patrick’s Day Word Finding Game
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the St. Patrick’s Day Word Finding Game as you need onto white paper.
- There are actually 875 words found in St. Patrick’s Day, ranging from two-letter words to ten-letter words – how many will you find?
- Word Finding Tips: look for word prefix and suffix patterns such as ‘th’ or ‘ing’; don’t forget plurals if there is an ‘s’; for younger kids it might be easier to move letters around, so why not cut the header into pieces to help them to discover new words.
Suggested Art Supplies
It’s always useful to have some basic art supplies on hand to use with my free printables. You don’t need all the things on my suggested art supplies list, but I wanted to share some of my Amazon favorites with you.
- I love Crayola Super Tips – they come in boxes of various amounts – I’ve got the 100 count box as you can never have too many colors!
- If your child (or you!) prefers to use crayons, I don’t think you can go wrong with classic Crayolas, again they come in various counts.
- Prefer colored pencils? I really don’t think you can go wrong with Crayolas for coloring!
- They also have fun scented pencils which will no doubt bring the holiday coloring page alive with smells!
- Does your child like to paint? I bought this Arteza Kid’s Watercolor Kit for my 6-year-old niece and she loves it!
- Want to add some sparkle? Add glitter! Crayola has a 25 count set, and a 9 count set of glitter glue.
- For puzzle and activity sheets, make sure you have writing pencils, an eraser, and a pencil sharpener.
- Highlighter pens are perfect for marking off words in Word Search Puzzles.
Benefits of Word Puzzles
There are many brain-boosting benefits to solving and playing word puzzles including:
- Improving spelling
- Increasing vocabulary
- Excouraging problem solving
- Improving memory
- Improving verbal reasoning
- Improving focus
- Training concentration skills
Download St. Patrick’s Day Word Finding Game
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
More Word Puzzle Printables
Looking for other word puzzle printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Mardi Gras Word Search | Free Printable Activity
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Scramble
- Nine Free Printable Snowman Word Search Puzzles
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!