These free printable Snowman Word Search Puzzles are perfect for when the weather outside is frightful and the kids need an indoor activity to keep them busy! There are nine word search puzzles of varying difficulty in this set which means the whole family can join in the word fun!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Snowman Word Search Puzzles
Word search puzzles are fun for kids and adults alike, and are a perfect activity for winter!
If it’s too cold to go outside and you need something to occupy the kids for a while, these printable snowman word searches that you can print at home are a perfect activity.
I have created nine different word searches of varying difficulty (they are color-coded) using words and phrases associated with snowman as described below:
- In the three easy word search puzzles, single words appear horizontally and vertically and forwards only.
- In the three medium word search puzzles, single words and phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally and forwards only.
- In the three hard word search puzzles, words appear forwards and backward and in all directions – horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
Also included is the answer sheets to all the puzzles should you have trouble finding all of the words/phrases.
Puzzles like this snowman word search are also fab for those with a competitive nature!
Whether it is by yourself and trying to solve the puzzle against a timer, or with other people and seeing who can find all the words first.
As you find the words, cross them off the list.
I like to use highlighter pens to mark words when I find them, as opposed to crossing them through.
Highlighting the words is best for children as the letters can still be clearly seen (useful when words cross paths on the grid).
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Benefits of Word Searches
Word searches are great brain training puzzles for people of all ages.
They are fun to do and they have some great benefits including:
- Developing word recognition
- Developing pattern recognition
- Encourage problem-solving
- Increasing vocabulary
- Improving spelling
- Can help to boost your memory and brain development
More Word Search Printables
Looking for more word search printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Searches for All The Family!
- 3 Free Printable 4th of July Word Search Puzzles (Easy, Medium & Hard!)
- Mardi Gras Word Search | Free Printable Activity
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Snowman Word Search Printables
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!