Download these free printable Halloween Word Search puzzles for the whole family to do as part of your Halloween celebrations! There are three different level word searches – easy, medium, and hard – with different words related to the spooky season. Just download, print, and solve!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Halloween Word Search
These Halloween word search puzzles are fun for kids and adults alike, and are a perfect activity for the spooky season!
If you can’t go Trick or Treating, why not print off some of my Halloween printables, including these word searches to still celebrate and have fun!
There are three different word search puzzles in this set – easy, medium, and hard. With these different difficulty levels it means the whole family can get involved.
All the words and phrases are of course related to Halloween!
- There are 10 simple, single words to find in the easy puzzle, words appear horizontally and vertically and forwards only.
- There are 20 words and phrases in the medium puzzle, words appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally and forwards only.
- There are 30 words and phrases in the hard puzzle, words appear forwards and backwards and in all directions – horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
Also included is the answer sheets to all the puzzles should you have trouble finding all of the words/phrases.
Puzzles like this word search for Halloween are also fab for those with a competitive nature!
Whether it is by yourself and trying to solve the puzzle against a timer, or with other people and seeing who can find all the words first.
As you find the words, cross them off the list.
I like to use highlighter pens to mark words when I find them, as opposed to crossing them through.
Highlighting the words is best for children as the letters can still be clearly seen (useful when words cross paths on the grid).
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Benefits of Word Search Puzzles
Word searches are great brain training puzzles for people of all ages.
They are fun to do and they have some great benefits including:
- Developing word recognition
- Developing pattern recognition
- Encourage problem-solving
- Increasing vocabulary
- Improving spelling
- Can help to boost your memory and brain development
More Word Search Printables
Looking for more word search printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Easter Activities: Easter Word Search
- Mardi Gras Word Search | Free Printable Activity
- 3 Free Printable 4th of July Word Search Puzzles (Easy, Medium & Hard!)
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Halloween Word Search
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!