If you’re looking for an Easter Word Search Printable, then you’re in luck because here is not just one word search, but EIGHT free printable Easter wordsearches to solve! The puzzles are of varying difficulty in this set which means the whole family can join in the Easter word fun!
We have lots more fun free Easter printables for you – right-click to open a new tab to download next!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easter Word Search Printable
Word search puzzles are fun for kids and adults alike, and are a perfect activity for the Easter holidays while waiting for the Easter Bunny!!
I have created eight different word searches of varying difficulty, using words and phrases associated with Easter as described below:
- In the three easy word search puzzles, 10 single words appear horizontally and vertically and forwards only. One of the word searches uses religious words.
- In the two medium word search puzzles, 15 single words and two-word phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally and forwards only. One of the word searches uses religious words.
- In the medium-hard word search puzzle, 20 longer single words and two and three-word phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally and forwards only.
- In the hard word search puzzle, 25 longer single words and two and three-word phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, forwards and backwards.
- In the super-hard word search puzzle, 30 longer single words and two and three-word phrases appear horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, forwards and backwards. The words are a mixture of religious and secular, with some international Easter foods too for a real challenge!
The word search printable is in order of difficulty from easiest to hardest, so it is easy to tell which is which. The answer sheets to each puzzle is supplied after the word search itself.
Here is a list of the international Easter food words in the puzzles and what they are:
- Avgolemono – a Greek egg-lemon soup.
- Colomba Pasquale – an Italian Easter bread with candied peel and almonds.
- Cozonac – a Bulgarian Easter bread rich in eggs, milk, and butter.
- Deviled Eggs – eggs stuffed with their yolk mixed with other ingredients like mayonnaise and mustard. Popular in the Southern United States.
- Flaounes – a Greek-Cypriot Easter cheese bread.
- Galaktoboureko – a Greek dessert of semolina custard baked in filo pastry.
- Hot Cross Buns – a spiced sweet dried fruit bun marked with a cross on top, traditionally eaten on Good Friday in the countries including the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Koulourakia – a Greek butter-based pastry with a slight vanilla flavor.
- Mazurek – a very sweet flat cake baked in Poland for Easter.
- Peeps – colorful marshmallows sold in the USA and Canada that are shaped like chicks, bunnies, and other animals for various holidays including Easter.
- Simnel Cake – an English fruit cake with a layer of marzipan, and 11 balls of marzipan sitting around the top of the cake to symbolize the apostles – less than 12 because of the missing Judas.
- Tsoureki – a sweet bread made seasoned with orange zest and mastic resin. From Greece, Turkey, and the Balkans region.
How To Solve A Word Search
A list of words is hidden in a grid of jumbled up letters.
You must search through the grid to find the words, crossing them off the list as you go.
Words appear in a straight, unbroken line. Two or Three-word clues, such as “EASTER BUNNY” will be unbroken and appear as “EASTERBUNNY” in the grid without a space in between the words.
Depending on the difficulty level of the puzzle, words may appear forwards, backwards, horizontally, vertically, and/or diagonally. The directions for each puzzle are included on the printable.
Words may also cross paths or overlap (especially in more difficult levels).
You can use a pen or pencil to cross out the words as they are found.
A highlighter pen is best for children as the letters can still be clearly seen (useful when words cross paths on the grid).
As you find the words, cross them off the list so that you can keep track.
Puzzles like this Easter word search are fab for those with a competitive nature! Whether it is by yourself and trying to solve the puzzle against a timer, or with other people to see who can find all the words first.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
Benefits of Word Searches
Word searches are great brain training puzzles for people of all ages.
They are fun to do and they have some great benefits including:
- Developing word recognition
- Developing pattern recognition
- Encourage problem-solving
- Increasing vocabulary
- Improving spelling
- Can help to boost your memory and brain development
More Word Search Printables
Looking for more word search printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Easter Bunny Word Search
- Free Printable Easter Activities: Easter Word Search
- 3 Free Printable 4th of July Word Search Puzzles
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Easter Word Search Printable
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The free printables are in PDF format and can be opened with the free-to-use Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF Reader). If the download is a Zip File, it can be downloaded with WinZip, WinRar, or other software typically bundled on computers. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read our full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at an online print shop or print shop if you don’t have access to a printer; however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest, and on your blog/website with a link to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or your blog/website. If you use any of our printables, it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform you hang out on, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so we can find you!