I was selected recently to be a #MorrisonsMum and hubs and I went to our nearest Morrisons supermarket to buy the food for our Bank Holiday Monday Family BBQ, I promised I would share all the recipes, so here is my recipe for my non-alcoholic Berry Fizz Cocktail.
I’ve decided (since I’m on a diet) that I’ll be including the calorie count for each dish which I’ve worked out using the labels on the food packaging and other online resources.
I’m also including how much each dish costs to make using the ingredients I bought from Morrisons.
- 500g frozen black forest fruits or summer fruits
- 2L bottle sparkling water or lemonade
- Allow the fruits to thaw for about 15 minutes so that they’re not completely rock hard!
- Place the fruits into a blender with a splash of water and blitz until smooth – add more water if you need to.
- Pour the fruit into a jug, top up with sparkling water and stir well.
- Making this a second time, I would push the fruit through a sieve to get rid of the berry seeds before topping up with water.
- You could make this alcoholic by adding something like wine, vodka or schnapps!
The frozen berries were £2 for a 500g punnet, and the water was a bargain at 18p a bottle! We did buy the Morrisons Savers brand.
500g frozen berries are around 235 calories – so a glass or two of this cocktail isn’t going to hurt!
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietitian I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own. Calorie counts (if applicable) are worked out using resources online. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.