With this list of 4th of July Desserts you will never be stuck for patriotic sweet treats. Celebrate Independence Day with one of these amazing red, white, and blue dessert recipes – there are more than 50 of them to choose from!
There are 500+ Recipes including more dessert recipes, on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to try! Please feel free to check them out too.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
4th of July Desserts
If you’ve been reading my blog for a long time, you’ll know that I’m a Brit, and live in the UK. If you’re new here – you’ve just learned that info about me! I may not be an American myself, but I just love the any reason to celebrate, and of course love sharing lots of ideas and inspiration with you! Actually, another quick fact about me, is that I have wanted to live in the USA since I was a little girl. I doubt I ever will, but I sure do love my vacations to the States!
Anyway, back to these dessert recipes – over 50 of them – for you to look through and take your pick of. I have managed to put them into sections, so you’ll find cupcakes, cookies, rice krispie treats, desserts with fruit, and jello desserts. Plus, a whole section of miscellaneous desserts because I didn’t have quite enough for a full section!
But that’s not all! There is also a bonus selection of beverages – with, and without alcohol. AND a couple of patriotic desserts that I made for the Queen’s Jubilee back in 2012. I know you guys are celebrating your independence from us lot over here, but they are red, white and blue and it’s all good right?!
The one thing all these fabulous desserts have in common is they have a very patriotic flair to them, so if you make them for 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, the next Royal Wedding, or any time you need a red, white, and blue sweet treat – there are plenty of tasty ideas for your dessert table!
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of fab blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to these 4th of July Desserts open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place on the list. The list corresponds with the photo above – so that you can get an idea what the finished dish should look like. Enjoy!
4th of July Cupcakes
Cupcakes are perfect for parties and celebrations because you can just grab one from the buffet and continue with the merriment. No need to worry about cutting a slice, and finding a plate to serve it on, or a fork to eat it with. (Not that big ol’ cakes don’t have their place, they do – further down the page!)
Related Reading: Easy Cupcake Recipes for Parties & Celebrations
- Turn humble cupcakes into my Fireworks Cupcakes with candy coated pretzel stick ‘fireworks’ and lots of star sprinkles!
- Don’t celebrate Independence Day without checking out my American Flag Cupcakes. They’re simple to make, and are a great sweet treat for your July 4th event!
- Topped with candy firecrackers, these Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes from Crayons & Cravings will surely be a hit on the 4th!
- These 4th of July Cupcakes from Flour On My Face are not only topped with red, white, and blue frosting, but the cupcakes are red, white, and blue too!
- Momma Lew’s Red Velvet Cupcakes are topped simply with cream cheese frosting, and star sprinkles.
- Check out these Red, White, & Blue Cupcake Cones from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds. They’re sure to cause a spark at your next celebration.
Cookies for July 4th
This section is devoted to patriotic cookies, and cookie bars, and even a cookie tart. I’ve always wanted to make those swirly type cookies – but never have. They are actually look a lot easier to make than I thought they would!
- My Cookie Bars for 4th of July are easy to make, thanks to a box mix, and they’re filled with red, white, and blue M&M’s too!
- My Red, White, & Blue Cherry Almond Cookies – coming soon!
- Dancing Through The Rain’s Red White & Blue M&M’s Cookie Tart is perfect for 4th of July dessert table. It is really rich and decadent, so just a small slice with satisfy.
- Cookie and Brownie Crunch is thin, crispy brownie and chocolate chip cookie brittle spangled with red, white, and blue! Get the recipe over on The Monday Box.
- These Easy Sugar Cookie Bars from Upstate Ramblings look so good! These bars are easily to transport, making them perfect for sharing at a Memorial Day or 4th of July barbecue.
- These fabulous Red, White, and Blue Pinwheel Cookies from Ann’s Entitled Life are perfect for any patriotic holiday.
- How impressive are these Spiral Sparkler and Flag Cookies from The Monday Box?! The Stars and Stripes cookies look amazing!
Patriotic Fruit Desserts
Make sweet treats a little bit healthier with one of these fruit desserts. A couple of them are actually breakfast recipes, but you could throw a patriotic brunch for the 4th!
- Celebrate the Red, White and Blue with this American Flag Fruit Pie from Herbivore Cucina. It looks wonderful and has all the goodness of fruits on a super flaky base.
- Why not try this Red, White And Blue Fruit Salsa from On My Kids Plate? It looks so festive with fruit cut into stars, and a fab dessert to feed a large crowd.
- These fun and tasty Flag Waffles from Midlife Healthy Living are topped with blueberries, strawberries, and banana making them a great breakfast on the 4th of July (or on any day!).
- If you’re looking for a great way to celebrate the USA, then this Captain America Fruit Tray from This Ole Mom not only looks stunning but is also perfect for an Avengers party!
- Recipes From A Pantry uses just 5 ingredients to make this Red, White, and Blue Puff Pastry. A great festive breakfast or dessert, and perfect for a Fourth of July brunch.
- A delicious dessert and simple to put together, make this Red, White & Blue Trifle from Three Little Ferns to celebrate Independence Day.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark With Berries from Little Sunny Kitchen is a super easy, delicious and refreshing no-cook recipe. Exactly what you need in the summer heat.
- These no bake Firecracker Strawberry Pops by Crayons & Cravings are so easy to make, plus they look absolutely adorable.
- Why not whip up a platter of these Red White & Blue Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from The Kitchen Is My Playground? They’re a great treat for any patriotic celebration.
- When the weather is hot, you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen with the oven on, so these No Bake Patriotic Cheesecake Parfaits from Upstate Ramblings are the perfect solution. And because they’re small, they’re a great way to indulge without the guilt!
- Berry & Maple’s Patriotic White Chocolate Blondies are topped with whipped cream, juicy strawberries and blueberries – delicious!
- This Keto Poke Cake by Fit To Serve is the perfect low-carb dessert to bring to a barbecue.
Rice Krispie Treats
I love Rice Krispies treats (or any generic rice cereal treats!) I’ve made them a few times, and they are so easy – just a little sticky sometimes! But they taste so yummy, and they’re so easy to jazz up for any holidays through the year!
- These Patriotic Rice Krispie Bars Recipe from My Home Based Life are a simple, fun treat for summertime BBQs.
- This showstopper of any idea from I Heart Naptime for Red White and Blue Rice Krispie Treats are a perfect festive dessert with their cute star shaped sprinkles.
- Living Life As Moms‘ Rice Krispies Treats are a perfect picnic dessert. They’re easy to make and perfect for the 4th!
- How awesome are these Rice Krispie Treat Sparklers from 5 Minutes For Mom? Made with fresh fruit too – so a yummy healthier option!
4th of July Cakes
Sometimes you just want a slice of cake, and this selection of red, white, and blue cake recipes deliver on that! They’re not all your traditional sugar, butter, flour, egg combo either…
- If you’re looking for the perfect cake to celebrate the Fourth of July, then this American Flag Cake by Princess Pinky Girl is the one for you!
- A cake made of popcorn?! YES! Glitter On A Dime’s Patriotic Popcorn Cake is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients!
- Take the stress out of party prepping with this No Bake Patriotic Cheesecake from Down Redbud Drive. They’re made with cream cheese and whipped cream and set in the freezer, making them a perfect cool dessert for a hot summer day!
- This Firework Bundt Cake Recipe by Cook, Eat, Go is sure to be a big hit!
- No Plate Like Home’s Red White and Blue Ice Cream Cake With Lemon Cookie Crust not only has the flavors of vanilla ice cream and raspberry sorbet but also has a lemon cookie crust! It looks awesome, and is really easy to make too!
Red, White & Blue Jello Desserts
American’s call it jello (I guess after the Jell-O brand) and us Brits call the same thing, jelly. Whatever you call it, these gelatin desserts are full of festive flair!
I’ll throw in a bonus recipe of my own here, with a Greek-Cypriot recipe. It’s just red and white and called Paris on Ice, but it’s made with some unusual flavours and one of my childhood favourites! (I am of Greek-Cypriot heritage – another fun fact about your blogger!)
- These Red, White and Blue Finger Jello Stars from The Farm Wife Feeds look so pretty and are the perfect shaped treat for the 4th of July!
- If you’re looking for a great addition to your patriotic celebrations, then these Red, White, & Blue Layered Jell-O Cups from Ever After In The Woods are a must.
- How awesome do these 4th of July Jello Shots by Chasing Daisies look? They’re made with cherry vodka, so it’s adults only on this dessert!
- Ann’s jello shots contain raspberry vodka, and vanilla vodka. Get the Red, White, and Blue Jello Shots Recipe from Ann’s Entitled Life.
- Mix red and blue jello with cool whip to make Dancing Through The Rain’s Jello Parfaits.
- Check out the Star Spangled Layer Finger Jello on Boulder Locavore – a great 4th of July dessert for all ages! I love the tiny star sprinkles and flag pick!
Misc. 4th of July Desserts!
We’re now into the miscellaneous section of patriotic desserts – simply because I didn’t have quite enough for them to have a section all of their own. Nonetheless they all look so good, and would be awesome on your 4th of July dessert table!
- This marshmallow creme fudge is easy to make and perfect for the Fourth of July! Check out the 4th of July Red White and Blue Fudge recipe from Crayons & Cravings
- My Firecracker Pretzel Rods – coming soon!
- What is inside these Patriotic Surprise-inside Brownies? Head over to The Monday Box to find out, and grab the recipe!
- I’m loving these simply adorable Oreo Flag Pops from Loving Living Lancaster. They’re a cute patriotic touch for any holiday, and so easy to make!
- Learn In Color has created this super simple, yet eye-catching Red White and Blue Chocolate Bark There’s no baking involved and it’s great for satisfying a sweet tooth.
- Impress your guests with these Patriotic Pretzel Rods from Real Momma. Once you’ve made them, you’ll wonder why you’ve never tried them before!
- My Patriotic Marshmallow Pops – coming soon!
- A simply stunning treat from The View From Great Island. These Red White and Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles are not only perfect for kids of all ages but are healthy too.
- If you’re looking for a fun patriotic dessert for the kids to make, then check out these Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches by Scattered Thoughts Of A Crafty Mom.
- Why not munch on Far From Normal’s Firecracker Popcorn while you watch the fireworks? Its made with popping candy so there will be tiny explosions in your mouth as the explosions burst in the air!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries are one of the easiest desserts to make, and Princess Pinky Girl has used red, white, and blue Candy Melts, and sprinkles to make hers.
- If you’re looking for a super easy patriotic dessert option then these Red, White and Blue Marshmallows from Ever After In The Woods are the perfect choice. They can be made ahead of time too – score!
- Another sweet/salty combo with Natural Beach Living’s Chocolate Covered Pretzels for 4th of July. They look so festive and would look awesome on a 4th of July desserts table!
- I love that these patriotic Trifles from Boulder Locavore are portable, making them perfect for taking on picnics. They’re also light and fresh, so great for a summer’s day.
- Shugary Sweets’ 4th of July Meringue Cookies are melt in the mouth good, and so pretty to look at too.
- I just love these 4th of July Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker. Take a bite of the red, white, and blue!
Bonus! Patriotic Beverages
The first of two bonus sections! Inject some red, white, and blue into your beverages! Whether it be a boozy cocktail, a virgin mocktail, or simply a fruit infused water, there are recipes here for everyone!
- This Virgin Daiquiri recipe by Recipe This is a great mocktail for kids. And I’m sure you could add liquor to it if you wanted to turn it into an adult beverage.
- There’s no excuse not to stay healthy and hydrated all summer long with this Star Spangled Fruit Infused Water from The View From Great Island. A perfect thirst-quencher.
- Everyone will love these cool Patriotic Non-Alcoholic Summer Drinks plus; they look great on the party table! Find the kid-friendly drinks recipe on Natural Beach Living.
- Sugar, Spice & Glitter’s Red, White & Blue Slushy Cocktail is a refreshing and patriotic way to cool down in the summer.
- Firecracker Punch celebrates summer with fruity flavors and a bang (from a secret ingredient)! Visit Boulder Locavore for the recipe (which can also be spiked!).
- Ginny, of Vegan In The Freezer garnishes her blue Patriotic Passion American Cocktail with jicama stars, and raspberries. Don’t know what jicama is? Ginny will tell you!
- These two cocktails are bonus, bonus recipes. And I’m including them because one is blue – Blue Hawaiian, and the other is red – Watermelon Breeze.
Bonus Dessert Recipes!
And finally, my aforementioned patriotic recipes… from the UK, as I made them to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee. I’m including them because: RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!
- My Red White & Blue Cake Pops are made patriotic thanks the colourful sprinkles!
- And my Red White & Blue Macarons were my first try at making this French treat – and there is certainly a knack to getting them picture perfect. BUT, they tasted so good!