You can’t have Christmas without Santa, right? So you definitely need to make these Santa Mickey & Minnie Mouse Christmas Ornaments to hang up on your tree! This Disney craft is fun for all ages and is made very easily using a free printable template and construction paper. Read on to find out how to make these awesome Mickey and Minnie Santa ornaments!
I’ve also got lots more Christmas Crafts for Adults for you to try out. Right-click and open a new tab to read next.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Santa Mickey & Minnie Mouse Christmas Ornaments
Aren’t Mickey and Minnie dressed up as Santa and Mrs. Claus ornaments just the cutest? They’re so simple to make and while the kids are waiting for Santa to visit, they can make these ornaments to hang up on the Christmas tree!
Make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (see below) so that you don’t miss the other Disney ornament crafts that are coming!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper in the following colors:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Yellow (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- White (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments to make them last longer if you wish
- Santa Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornament Template
- You will find the template download links before the tutorial card and surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
There are over 100 Free Christmas Printables on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Right-click to open a new tab to read next.
Santa Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornament Craft Tips
- Print the template onto the suggested colored construction paper and cut the pieces out. (But you could use any colors you want!)
- If construction paper won’t go through your printer, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored paper/card. You will have to add any detail with a black marker pen.
- Another option is to print onto white paper and color the pieces in with crayons, pens, paints, or pencils.
- Or what about making these Mickey and Minnie Santas using craft foam? You will have to add any detail with a black marker pen.
- Cut all the pieces out and lay them where they should go before sticking down with glue.
- An optional extra is adding glitter: apply white school glue to the parts you want to add some sparkle, sprinkle glitter on top, shake off the excess and leave to dry. We’ve suggested parts of the ornament to add glitter to, but you can add it wherever you like!
- Stick a loop of string (red and white baker’s twine is very festive looking!) or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Cover the fixings with a circle of matching color paper to hide them. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
- If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Download Santa Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornaments Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
How Do I Make Santa Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ornaments?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- Construction Paper in the following colors: Black, White, Red, Yellow
- Black Fine Glitter (optional)
- Yellow Fine Glitter (optional)
- White Fine Glitter (optional)
- String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Santa Mickey and Minnie ornaments template onto corresponding colored papers (Link in the blog post) and carefully cut the pieces out.
- Space the ears evenly and stick them to the back of the ornament with a glue stick.
- For Mickey Mouse, stick the pants on first followed by the belt and the buckle. Stick the hat between the ears and then place the trim and bobble in place and glue to secure.
- For Minnie Mouse, stick the bottom of the dress first, then stick the belt and buckle across the middle, then place the hairbow between the ears.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue carefully to the buckles and cover them with yellow glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry. Then apply glue to the belt and the buttons and add black glitter. Shake off excess and leave to dry. Repeat with the fur trim and bobble on the hat using white glitter. Wait for the different colors of glitter to dry before applying the next.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick it to the back of the ornament. To hide your workings at the back you could add another large circle of matching color paper to cover.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornament so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to the back.
- Hang your Mickey and Minnie Santa ornaments on your Christmas tree!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Buzz Lightyear Christmas Ornament Craft
- Reindeer Mickey Mouse Christmas Ornament Craft
- Disney’s Frozen Elsa Christmas Ornament Craft
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try!
The Create the Holidays series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays!
You can check out Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) from 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printables are in PDF format and can be opened with the free-to-use Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF Reader). If the download is a Zip File, it can be downloaded with WinZip, WinRar, or other software typically bundled on computers. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read our full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at an online print shop or print shop if you don’t have access to a printer; however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest, and on your blog/website with a link to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or your blog/website. If you use any of our printables, it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform you hang out on, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so we can find you!