This Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe is a clever way to create a tasty chicken salad in minutes. Perfect to serve as a low-carb lunch or light dinner, all you need in addition to your rotisserie chicken is mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, baby spinach, celery, dill, blue cheese, and walnuts.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Do you love rotisserie chicken? I know I do. They’re so juicy and flavorful, and they’re perfect for quick meals.
In this rotisserie chicken salad recipe, store-bought, cooked chicken is combined with blue cheese and walnuts.
The blue cheese provides a nice tangy flavor, while the walnuts add a bit of crunch.
It’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. Staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., aren’t always included here as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ALL ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Baby Spinach, Celery
- Protein – Rotisserie Chicken Breast
- Dairy – Blue Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Dried Dill
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is rotisserie chicken so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe in 30 Minutes
- Grilled Chicken Brie Panini with Savory Peach Compote
More Chicken Salad Recipes
Looking for more chicken salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Chicken Paillard Salad with Arugula and Parmesan
- Chicken Strawberry Salad with Feta and Pecans & Homemade Dressing
- Chicken Avocado Salad with Homemade Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.
- Storing Leftovers: Cool and transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: Not suitable.
How Do I Make Rotisserie Chicken Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ lbs (350g) rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 oz (85g) blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cups walnuts, chopped
- Combine the mayo, Dijon mustard, and dried dill in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the shredded chicken breast and chopped celery to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the baby spinach between 4 chilled serving plates. Add one-quarter of the chicken salad to each plate and top with some blue cheese and chopped walnuts. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 471mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.