These Quick ‘n’ Easy Cowboy Beans are a great side to serve at barbecues and camping in the summer, and around Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night in the autumn. When I say they’re quick and easy to make, they truly are, and you only need a few ingredients, which I guess are probably store cupboard staples for many.
- 2 x 400g cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½tsp garlic salt
- 2-4 tbsps barbecue sauce
- spray oil
- Spray some oil into a saucepan and gently sweat the onions until they are soft. Sprinkle the garlic salt over the onions.
- Tip the beans into the pan and stir in some barbecue sauce - I gave rough estimates on this as I just glugged it in...so really, add to taste!
- Heat the beans through and serv