We are following a Paleo way of life, and I can honestly say we’re not missing bread, which is the one thing I was worried about when lowering the carbs in my diet, as I was a carb fiend! And for me with PCOS the sugars from carbs are not my friend… I made these perfect paleo pancakes for breakfast using just 3 ingredients – bananas, eggs and cinnamon. I added some bacon, and whilst the jury is out on maple syrup, for a treat it’s fine.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1 - 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- butter or oil for frying
To Serve (optional)
- maple syrup
- fresh berries
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz together to form a smooth (ish!) batter.
- Heat the butter or oil in a large frying pan and pour in the batter to form approx 6" pancakes.
- Flip over after a minute or two - you can tell when they're ready to flip as they set at the edges.
- Keep warm as you cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with bacon and maple syrup or fresh berries.