Cast your mind back to the Herb Roasted Leg of Lamb recipe I shared a few weeks ago. That dish in itself was yummy, but we had lots of lamb leftovers, which I decided to turn into this Lamb + Chilli Stir Fry the next day for lunch.
I combined the leftover lamb with chopped mushrooms, garlic, fresh chilli and fresh baby spinach leaves to make a delicious paleo meal. Since the original roast had almonds and walnuts in it, I tossed a few extra in the pan for added crunch. I haven’t given quantities for this recipe as it really was a make it up as I went along dish. Adjust the ingredient amounts to your personal taste.
- olive oil
- mushrooms, chopped
- leftover roast lamb, cut into bite size pieces
- garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- whole almonds
- walnut pieces
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the lamb, garlic and chilli and stir fry until the meat it warmed through.
- Add the almonds and walnuts and stir fry for another couple of minutes.
- Finally, add the spinach and mix through until it starts to wilt.
- Serve on warmed plates.