Get festive with your personal care for the upcoming summer holidays, with these easy to make Star Sugar Scrub Bars. With just a few different supplies, and some sprinkles for a fun burst of color, these star sugar scrub bars take just a few minutes to whip together, and less than 30 minutes to become completely solid bars.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Star Sugar Scrub Bars
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
These star sugar scrub bars are a great one time use exfoliant for your skin and can help to make your skin feel softer. Double or triple this easy DIY recipe so that you can share some of these festive and colorful sugar scrub bars with your friends.
Make these star shaped bars to put in your bathroom for Fourth of July or Labor Day – your guests are sure to love using them!
Sugar scrub itself is really easy to make, and it’s just as easy to turn loose scrub into bars by using a little melted soap.
The best thing about making your own cosmetics and skincare products is that you know exactly what goes in them – and you can customise them (with color and fragrance) to your personal preference too!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
You may have some of the supplies needed to make these sugar scrub bars at home already, but I’ve included links to Amazon below for your convenience should you need to purchase anything.
- Clear Glycerin Soap Base – you only need a 1-inch cube, but if you plan on making more of your own homemade cosmetics, you’ll be able to make full use of the whole package.
- Forget-Me-Knot Soap Colorant – this is the one used in this craft – but you can use a blue soap colorant of your own choosing. Or you could make some red stars instead (or halve the mixture and make both colors!).
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkles – to add a patriotic fun touch to your stars!
- Granulated Sugar – regular white sugar is just fine – it is perfect to use in sugar scrubs as it has a good abrasive quality, but isn’t too harsh on the skin.
- Grapeseed Oil – this is a great neutral oil that absorbs quickly and is said to be full of antioxidants. If you don’t want to buy a bottle of this oil, you could use olive oil or even vegetable oil. If you wanted to add a little fragrance you could use almond oil or coconut oil.
- Silicone Star Candy/Soap Mold – the one pictured is the Star Silicone Mold by Celebrate It! from Michael’s (a US Craft store) but I found it on Amazon too – Star-Shaped Candy/Soap Mold. But any small star-shaped mold will do, however, how many sugar scrub stars you get from the recipe will depend on the size of the cavities in the mold.
- Microwave-safe cup/jug – makes for easy pouring into molds rather than using a bowl.
- Wooden Sticks – for stirring ingredients together.
The recipe for these star shape bars does not include a fragrance, however you could add some of your favorite fragrance oil to the mixture. Use around 10-15 drops, or according to any directions given on the oil packaging.
Since these are patriotic sugar scrub bars why not use some classic American “flavors” in your stars like blueberry, apple pie, or cherry!
More Homemade Cosmetics
Got the homemade cosmetic making bug?! Take a look at this other posts next:check out:
- Handmade Coconut Lime Soap
- How To Make Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- At Home Spa Day Ideas + Recipes | Pamper Ideas When Staying At Home
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home that you can try! Plus fun Summer Crafts including this Colorful Flip Flop Hello Sign!
How Do I Make Star Sugar Scrub Bars?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, instructions and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
Save my How To Make Star Sugar Scrub Bars craft tutorial video to your Crafts To Make YouTube Playlists so that it’s always there when you need it – don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you are there!
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 (1-inch) cube of clear glycerin soap base
- 1-2 drops Forget Me Not soap colorant
- 1 Tbsp red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Star candy/soap mold
- Microwave-safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick (for stirring)
- Place soap base in measuring cup and microwave on high for about 15-20 seconds.
- Add sugar, oil, and soap colorant. Stir well.
- You may need to heat for an additional 10 seconds to get everything to a thinner texture again.
- Add sprinkles and stir to combine.
- Pour into the soap mold and leave to set for 20-30 minutes so the bars completely solidify.
- Remove from mold and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.