Looking for a fun summer activity for the kids? Check out this Free Printable Summer Beach Word Search! It’s a great way to keep them entertained while also practicing their vocabulary skills. Plus, it’s easy to print and perfect for road trips or rainy days. Enjoy!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Beach Word Search
Word search puzzles are fun for kids and adults alike, and are a perfect activity for summer!
I have created nine different word searches of varying difficulty (they are color-coded) using words and phrases associated with summer and the beach as described below:
- In the three easy (blue) word search puzzles, single words appear horizontally and vertically and forwards only.
- In the three medium (yellow) word search puzzles, single words and phrases appear horizontally, vertically, diagonally, and forwards only.
- In the three hard (pink) word search puzzles, words appear forwards and backward and in all directions – horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
- They are laid out in the printable in difficulty order, from easy to medium to hard.
Also included are the answer sheets to all the puzzles should you have trouble finding all of the words/phrases.
Puzzles like this summer word search are also fab for those with a competitive nature!
Whether it is by yourself and trying to solve the puzzle against a timer, or with other people and see who can find all the words first.
As you find the words, cross them off the list.
I like to use highlighter pens to mark words when I find them instead of crossing them through.
Highlighting the words is best for children as the letters can still be clearly seen (useful when words cross paths on the grid).
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
How To Solve A Word Search
A list of words (and phrases) is hidden in a grid of jumbled-up letters.
You must search through the grid to find the words, crossing them off the list as you go.
Words appear in a straight, unbroken line. Two-word clues, such as “BATHING SUIT” will be unbroken and appear as “BATHINGSUIT” in the grid without a space in between the words.
Depending on the difficulty level of the puzzle, words may appear forwards, backward, horizontally, vertically, and/or diagonally. The directions for each puzzle are included in the printable.
Benefits of Word Searches
Word searches are great brain training puzzles for people of all ages.
They are fun to do and they have some great benefits including:
- Developing word recognition
- Developing pattern recognition
- Encourage problem-solving
- Increasing vocabulary
- Improving spelling
- Can help to boost your memory and brain development
More Word Search Printables
Looking for more word search printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Watermelon Word Search! Fun Puzzle for Kids!
- Free Printable Star Wars Word Search Puzzles for May the 4th!
- 3 Free Printable 4th of July Word Search Puzzles (Easy, Medium & Hard!)
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organization, and celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Beach Word Search Printables
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!