Celebrate Independence Day with these free printable Paper Chains for the 4th of July! They’re simple and fun to make, and best of all, you can recycle the decoration when you’ve finished using them! Just download the free printable, cut out and make long paper chains to hang around your house for July Fourth!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Paper Chains for the 4th of July
Paper chains are one of the cheapest and easiest party decorations that you can make! All you need strips of paper and some glue or sticky tape.
If you want to decorate your home for Independence Day then grab the free printable and make some 4th of July Paper Chains!
How To Use Free Printable Paper Chains
There are 14 different July 4th designs, which include plain colors and patterns too. I’ve provided single-width and double-width paper chains so there are lots of options for you to make an assortment of long chains!
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the paper chains as you need onto good quality thick [white] paper – you don’t want them to be too flimsy.
- Cut out carefully using scissors or a paper trimmer.
- The video at the top of the screen demonstrates how to make paper chains in case you don’t know how to do it. (Although the video is of my Easter paper chains, the process is the same!)
- Take one of the strips and add a dab of glue (I used a glue roller, as you’ll see in the video; you could also use a glue stick) on one end, and fold around to form a circle. This is the first loop in your chain. Now, slide another strip of paper into that loop, add a dab of glue on the end, and fold around to form a circle that is attached to the first loop.
- Continue linking the loops until you get the length of the chain you desire then hang up to decorate.
Download 4th of July Paper Chains
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
More Paper Chain Printables
Looking for other paper chain printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Star Wars Paper Chains (Episode IV – A New Hope)
- Free Printable Earth Day Paper Chains
- Halloween Paper Chains – The Nightmare Before Christmas
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!