Download this Free Printable NHS Bunting and hang up to celebrate and thank the National Health Service on their birthday on 5th July! There are 12 designs in this set of NHS flags that you can print at home for free! Hang inside or outside your home, workplace, care home, hospital ward, or anywhere that you want to display your thanks for all the hard work that the NHS provides our nation!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Free Printable NHS Bunting
You will find the free printables at the end of this post, but first, a word about the NHS and the final clap for carers.
The NHS came into being on 5th July 1948, which makes they 2020 its 72nd birthday.
It was set up to provide health services based on three key principles:
- that it meets the needs of everyone
- that it be free at the point of delivery
- that it be based on clinical need, not ability to pay
During the pandemic, we’ve all been clapping from home, every Thursday night at 8pm, to show our joint gratitude and support for our NHS workers who have become the frontline in the fight against the virus.
I lost my granddad to the virus, and I know that the NHS would have done everything they could to make his final moments as comfortable as possible.
Our NHS is so valuable, and I’m so, SO glad that we have it here in the UK. The work that doctors, nurses, medical staff, are putting in right now is immeasurable. Not to mention all the other workers in the NHS who are there on the frontlines too including admin, cleaners, porters, drivers, and so many more.
If we as regular citizens can give back in some tiny way – even as something as simple as hanging out this free printable NHS bunting to show that we are thinking of them too and thank them for their service – then it’s a good thing, wouldn’t you agree?
The Together Coalition have set ways that we can mark the 72nd birthday of the NHS:
- On the evening of 4th of July, place a light (LED candle, lamp, or torch) in your window to remember those we have lost.
- On Sunday 5th of July at 5 pm, it’s time for the biggest, loudest, [and final] clap for carers and key workers.
- Immediately after the clap its time to raise a glass or mug and to thank our friends, family and neighbours. We have all had our role to play during the pandemic lockdown from looking out for each other, helping the vulnerable, or stay at home to protect the NHS. Chat to your neighbours (from a safe distance) or reach out to someone who is isolated, lonely, or stuck in another household.
The pandemic is far from over, but in the UK some of the lockdown measures have been relaxed, but life isn’t back to normal by a long shot.
Continue to socially distance, wear a mask, and to be mindful that the virus hasn’t gone away, just because we can suddenly go out and about more freely again.
How To Use NHS Bunting
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the bunting flags as you need onto white paper.
- Cut out and then punch a hole in the top corners.
- Thread onto ribbon or string and hang where desired.
- You could laminate the flags before punching holes and threading onto string, just remember to leave a little edge around the flag when cutting out from the laminating sheets otherwise they will come apart!
You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
More NHS Printables
Looking for other NHS printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Rainbow Bunting Flags/Pennants
- Thank You NHS Colouring Pages – Free Printables!
- NHS Colouring Sheets – Healthcare Mandalas to Colour!
- Free Printable Key Workers / Essential Workers Coloring Sheets
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Free Printable NHS Bunting
There are 12 different designs in this set of NHS bunting flags – you can mix and match them however you like!
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
Share this post with your family and friends on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!