Download this awesome set of Free Printable Rainbow Bunting to hang inside or outside your home, your workplace, a care home, a hospital ward, or anywhere else that needs a little decoration to bring some hope and love! There are 14 different flag/pennant designs to choose from and are sure to brighten someone’s day!
Free Printable Rainbow Bunting
There is something about rainbows that signifies hopes and dreams, and in the current climate I think we all need that right now!
While [some of us are] staying at home and unsure of what the immediate future holds as far as “going back to normal” is concerned, decorating with something as simple as a few strings of bunting is sure to make you smile.
Rainbows have somehow become the symbol of the pandemic (at least here in the UK) with people hanging pictures of rainbows and other decorations in their windows for all to see.
These rainbow pennants are also perfect for Pride Month in June.
Downloads are at the end of this page and surrounded by a purple box.
I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
There are 14 different rainbow-themed flags in this free printable set:
- Rainbow Patterns – curved, horizontal, vertical, diagonal (2), wavy, and zigzag (seven total)
- Block colors of the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet (seven total)
More Rainbow Printables
Looking for more rainbow printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Rainbow Coloring Pages
- Rainbow Cupcake Wrappers Free Printable
- Thank You NHS Colouring Pages – Free Printables!
- Free Printable Key Workers / Essential Workers Coloring Sheets
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
How Do I Make Strings of Bunting?
I’m so glad you asked! The details are in the how-to card below which you can also print out.
- Rainbow Bunting printable - download in the blog post
- There are two ways you can make bunting and I will describe both here. Both methods start with printing as many sheets of bunting as you need. There are two flags/pennants per page.
- Cut a piece of string to the length you desire (leaving extra at the ends to tie bunting up).
- Fold-Over Method: Cut the flags out, including the fold-over tab at the top. Score along the line to fold over the blank tab. Hang the flags along the string and when happy with their placement use some sticky tape to stick the flap down at the back. Hang up your bunting!
- Hole Punch Method: Cut the flags out and cut away the fold-over tab as you won't need that. Use a single hole punch to punch out holes in the top two corners of the flag. Thread the string through the holes and hang up your bunting!
- You can laminate your flags if you like so that they last a bit longer - especially if hanging outside.
- Cut the flags first and then lay between laminating sheets and run through your laminator.
- Carefully cut around each flag again leaving a small gap so that the laminate stays together!
- Punch holes, string up and hang the bunting.
The hole punch method is my personal preference as it's so quick and easy!
Download Free Printable Rainbow Bunting
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!