Print off this cute Gingerbread Man Coloring Sheet for the kids to get creative with this holiday season! The free printable sheet can be colored with crayons, markers, pencils, or paints and can also become a line work activity for further art exploration. Practice drawing straight lines in each section – or make different patterns to add an abstract element!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Gingerbread Man Coloring Sheet
This adorable Gingerbread Man has been hand-drawn by a very talented friend and is part of a series of Christmas and Winter coloring sheets on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I’ve not only got this set of festive colouring pages for you but some of the designs also have matching craftivities! Find the links to all the other coloring sheets in this series at the bottom of this post.
To get started, you simply need to print out the free printable Gingerbread Man and start colouring in!
If you want to color this design as part of a line study activity, then use a black fine liner pen to draw lines in each section as demonstrated in the images below.
These Uni Pin Fineliners are my absolute favorite and available in an assortment of tip sizes for different stroke widths.
Once finished, you can cut away the excess paper and mount onto construction paper or cardstock for display. This coloring activity is great to put up on the fridge or wall at home or bulletin board at school or homeschool.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use which size is appropriate for your printer.
This free holiday printable Gingerbread Man to color is a great activity not only for children but for adults too – I LOVE to color in!
Adult colouring books often contain intricate designs, and sometimes I just want a really simple and fun design, and little Gingie here falls into that category!
Suggested Art Supplies
You can use whatever art supplies you like to bring this Gingerbread Man to life! In our demonstration pictures, we used the colors brown, red, pink, and green, but you could use any colors you like. Or why not print multiple pages and use all sorts of different colors!
I like to keep a good stash of art supplies so that I am always ready when my nieces and nephews come to visit. You don’t need all the things on my suggested art supplies list, but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.
- I love Crayola Super Tips – they come in boxes of various amounts – I’ve got the 100 count box as you can never have too many colors!
- If your child (or you!) prefers to use crayons, I don’t think you can go wrong with classic Crayolas, again they come in various counts.
- Prefer colored pencils? I really don’t think you can go wrong with Crayolas for coloring!
- They also have fun scented pencils which will no doubt bring the holiday coloring page alive with smells!
- Does your child like to paint? I bought this Arteza Kid’s Watercolor Kit for my 6-year-old niece and she loves it!
- Want to add some sparkle? Add glitter! Crayola has a 25 count set, and a 9 count set of glitter glue.
Creative Ways to Use This Gingerbread Man Printable
I’ve included a full-size page and a half-size page so that you can use this printable in different ways!
- Draw straight or curvy lines into the background sections only, or the character only, or the whole thing.
- Why not experiment with different patterns? Try a checkerboard design, circles, or swirls. Search for zentangle patterns online and you’ll find a ton of pattern inspiration!
- Use shades of just one color to fill in the whole design. Or use just two or three complementary colors.
- Fill in different sections with glitter glue, or even using different collage materials – scrunched up tissue paper, foil, or craft foam are a few ideas to try.
- Experiment with mixed media – try out crayons and paints for different sections.
- Once colored in, cut away excess paper and mount onto cardstock or construction paper and display on the wall/fridge/bulletin.
- Or add a folded piece of card to the back to create a stand and place it on the mantle or window ledge.
- Print the half-size page and mount onto folded cardstock and make Christmas greetings cards.
- Print several copies of the half-size page. Color in different ways and punch holes in the corners. Thread ribbon or string through and make a holiday banner. Download lots of the character printables to mix things up!
- Why not turn the finished colored design into a puzzle? Cut along the straight lines, and put the pieces back together again.
More Coloring Printables
Looking for other coloring printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Chinese New Year Coloring Book
- Free Printable Christmas Coloring Page!
- Free Printable Easter Bunny Coloring Pages
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Gingerbread Man Coloring Sheet Printable
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
Handy Crafting Supplies
Shop my selection of craft supply picks on Amazon that you can use to turn a simple colouring project into a mixed media collage!
More Christmas Coloring Sheets to Download
I mentioned how there are several designs in this Christmas and Winter series. As they are uploaded to my blog the links will appear below. Make sure you download them all so that you have the full set!
- Gingerbread Girl
- Gingerbread Man
- Christmas Wreath
- Polar Bear
- Yeti (Abominable Snowman)
- Santa Claus
- Mrs. Claus
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!