This awesome Yeti Coloring Sheet is a fun free printable for winter and great for hand-eye coordination! Pull out the art supplies and let the kids explore with different colors and techniques, including a linework activity by drawing lines in each section to create a piece of winter art!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Yeti Coloring Sheet
This cute Abominable Snowman has been hand-drawn by a very talented friend and is part of a series of Christmas and Winter coloring sheets on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I’ve not only got this set of winter colouring pages for you but also a set of fun holiday Craftivities featuring some of the same characters! Find the links to all the other festive coloring sheets in this series at the bottom of this post.
To get started, you simply need to download the free printable Yeti and start colouring in!
If you want to color this Yeti as part of a line study activity, then use a black fine liner pen to draw lines in each section as demonstrated in the images below.
These Uni Pin Fineliners are my absolute favorite and available in an assortment of tip sizes for different stroke widths.
Once finished, you can cut away the excess paper and mount onto construction paper or cardstock for display. This coloring activity is great to put up on the fridge or wall at home or bulletin board at school or homeschool.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use which size is appropriate for your printer.
This free winter printable Yeti to color is a great activity not only for children but for adults too. If you love to color with your kids, this printable sheet is just as much fun for you too!
Adult designs can be really intricate, so when you want something simple, grab the crayons and color in this adorable Abominable Snowman!
Suggested Art Supplies
You can use whatever art supplies you enjoy using to bring this Yeti to life! In our demonstration pictures, we used the colors blue and purple, but you could use any colors you like. Or why not print multiple pages and use all sorts of different colors!
I like to keep a good stash of art supplies so that I am always ready when my nieces and nephews come to visit. You don’t need all the things on my suggested art supplies list, but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.
- I love Crayola Super Tips – they come in boxes of various amounts – I’ve got the 100 count box as you can never have too many colors!
- If your child (or you!) prefers to use crayons, I don’t think you can go wrong with classic Crayolas, again they come in various counts.
- Prefer colored pencils? I really don’t think you can go wrong with Crayolas for coloring!
- They also have fun scented pencils which will no doubt bring the Christmas coloring page alive with smells!
- Does your child like to paint? I bought this Arteza Kid’s Watercolor Kit for my 6-year-old niece and she loves it!
- Want to add some sparkle? Add glitter! Crayola has a 25 count set, and a 9 count set of glitter glue.
More Coloring Printables
Before you download this coloring activity, here are some more coloring printables to download! Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Alien Coloring Sheet
- Free Printable Horned Monster Coloring Sheet & Line Study Activity
- Chinese New Year Coloring Book
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Creative Ways to Use This Yeti Printable
I’ve included a full-size page and a half-size page so that you can use this printable in different ways!
- Draw straight or curvy lines into the background sections only, or the character only, or the whole thing.
- Why not experiment with different patterns? Try a checkerboard design, circles, or swirls. Search for zentangle patterns online and you’ll find a ton of pattern inspiration!
- Use shades of just one color to fill in the whole design. Or use just two or three complementary colors.
- Fill in different sections with glitter glue, or even using different collage materials – scrunched up tissue paper, foil, or craft foam are a few ideas to try.
- Experiment with mixed media – try out crayons and paints for different sections.
- Once colored in, cut away excess paper and mount onto cardstock or construction paper and display on the wall/fridge/bulletin.
- Or add a folded piece of card to the backing card to create a stand and place it on the mantle or window ledge.
- Print the half-size page and mount onto folded cardstock and make winter greetings cards.
- Print several copies of the half-size page. Color in different ways and punch holes in the corners. Thread ribbon or string through and make a holiday banner. Download lots of the character printables to mix things up!
- Why not turn the finished colored design into a puzzle? Cut along the straight lines, and put the pieces back together again.
Download Yeti Coloring Sheet Printable
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
Handy Crafting Supplies
Shop my selection of craft supply picks on Amazon that you can use to turn a simple colouring project into a mixed media collage!
More Christmas Coloring Sheets to Download
I mentioned how there are several designs in this Christmas and Winter series. As they are uploaded to my blog the links will appear below. Make sure you download them all so that you have the full set!
- Gingerbread Girl
- Gingerbread Man
- Christmas Wreath
- Polar Bear
- Yeti (Abominable Snowman)
- Santa Claus
- Mrs. Claus
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!