Grab the crayons and print off these awesome Earth Day Coloring Pages to color in! With 9 different designs, these free printable colouring sheets are fun for all ages. Each sheet has an environmental theme that is perfect for celebrating Earth Day on April 22 – and they’re free for you to print at home as many times as you like!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Earth Day Coloring Pages
In all the years I’ve been creating and sharing free printables, I’ve never created anything for Earth Day. I don’t know why as it is an event that I am aware of, but I think it’s one of those that creeps up on me and then I’ve missed it.
So I’ve got a whole bunch of different Earth Day Printables for you this year, starting with a set of 9 Earth Day coloring pages!
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries.Wikipedia
The theme of Earth Day 2021 is Restore Our Earth™, and I think it’s a great choice after the past year we’ve had as a planet. With the pandemic and global lockdowns, we could see how quickly the planet can recover when humans are not polluting it! It’s something I feel like humanity should learn from and protect for future generations.
Use this years theme to discuss environmental issues with your children, like deforestation, pollution, and climate change. Talk about ways you can help – maybe picking up litter in your neighborhood, planting a tree, recycling at home, or simply going for a walk in nature.
And of course you can use my free printables for Earth Day to aid your discussions and activities.
Earth Day Coloring Sheet Designs
There are nine different designs in this set of Earth Day coloring sheets.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use which size is appropriate for your printer.
Pick your favorites and print off just those pages, or print them all off and color to your heart’s content!
Here is a description of each page:
- Planet Earth surrounded by a couple of stars and a banner that says Earth Day.
- A heart shape with Earth inside it, surrounded by flowers, leaves, and peace signs, with the words Love Earth.
- A little girl sitting down holding planet Earth in her hands, with flowers in the background and a banner that says Earth Day.
- A little boy sitting down holding planet Earth in his hands, with flowers in the background and a banner that says Earth Day.
- The words Take Care Of Our Earth next to a hand holding planet Earth with a tree growing from it, and surrounded by heart shapes.
- A little boy and girl standing beside a fully grown tree. Both are holding tree saplings, and another tree sapling is in a sack by the tree.
- Planet Earth surrounded by children and plants.
- A recycling truck with the words Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- The words Everyday is Earth Day, and a variety of different environmental objects including a recycling bin, bag, truck, and logo, green energy options like a hybrid car, eco-friendly lightbulb, and wind turbine, and planet Earth
Suggested Art Supplies
I like to keep a good stash of art supplies so that I am always ready when my nieces and nephews come to visit! You don’t need all the things on my suggested art supplies list, but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.
- I love Crayola Super Tips – they come in boxes of various amounts – I’ve got the 100 count box as you can never have too many colors!
- If your child (or you!) prefers to use crayons, I don’t think you can go wrong with classic Crayolas, again they come in various counts.
- Prefer colored pencils? I really don’t think you can go wrong with Crayolas for coloring!
- They also have fun scented pencils which will no doubt bring the coloring pages alive with smells!
- Does your child like to paint? I bought this Arteza Kid’s Watercolor Kit for my 6-year-old niece and she loves it!
- Want to add some sparkle? Add glitter! Crayola has a 25 count set, and a 9 count set of glitter glue.
More Coloring Printables
Looking for other coloring printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Animals Coloring Sheets
- Thank You Healthcare Workers Coloring Pages – Healthcare Mandalas!
- Free Printable Rainbow Coloring Pages
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Earth Day Coloring Pages
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!