Looking for a fun and festive paper craft to do with the kids this Christmas season? Check out our free printable Build A Girl Elf template!
This cute holiday activity is just the thing to do while the kiddos wait for Santa! So grab some scissors and glue, and of course the free printable, and get ready to make some holiday magic!
Don’t have time for this printable now? Be sure to tap the heart icon in the bottom right of the screen to save this post for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Printable Build A Girl Elf Template
Introducing – Ellie the Elf!
I made Buddy the Elf several years ago, based on the character from the holiday movie Elf.
But I’ve not made a “regular” elf… So when a reader asked if I had a girl elf to print and download I had to make one, and so here is Ellie the Elf!
I think she is so cute and I hope you do too!
If you are a regular on my blog you’ll notice that my buildable characters have a cute chubby style.
And if they are animals they are anthropomorphic, which basically means that they have human traits – like standing on two legs instead of four.
I introduced my cute chubby roly-poly Christmas and Winter characters several years ago, and the set currently includes 22 characters.
I’m continuing to add new characters that I hope you will love as much as the others!
The Christmas and Winter buildable characters are part of a wider set of other characters that are a fun free activity to do at home, in an activity group or club, during homeschool, or in the classroom!
I’ve provided the links to all of my other buildable characters at the end of this blog post.
I’ve created two sizes for this cute free printable paper Girl Elf:
- Regular size, with all of the pieces on one sheet of paper and creates a character around 4″/10cm tall. (This is the image at the top of the post.)
- Large size with the pieces spread over several sheets. This creates a character around 12″/30cm tall.
You’ll find the Color and Build A Girl Elf over in the Purple Pumpkin Printables Shop.
Where Are The Downloads?
- The two sizes are two separate downloads.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box.
- Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use the size that is appropriate for your printer.
The free printable Christmas papercraft is really fun – not just for kids, but for adults too!
I love constructing buildable characters after I’ve designed them! A digital representation is shown below.
How To Use the Build a Girl Elf Printable
The regular-size printable is for children that are more skilled at cutting.
The large size should be a lot easier for younger children.
Or you can cut them out for them.
Of course, you know your children, so will know what suits them best!
Included in this printable paper Girl Elf craft are the following pieces:
- Pig Tails
Once cut, place the pieces in the correct order to figure out where everything goes before sticking them in place.
You can stick the pieces together with a glue stick, or sticky tape.
I like using this roller glue as it is so easy to use and has less sticky mess!
Other Ways To Use This Printable!
- For an extra crafty dimension, why not mount the character onto a larger piece of paper and use other craft materials to embellish it? For example, glitter, furry fabric, craft foam, or tissue paper to name a few.
- You can use a laminator and laminate the pieces if you like and use them over and over again.
- Why not use split pins to construct the characters instead of glue so that the character becomes moveable!
- Or you could use popsicle sticks and regular size characters to make little puppets for Christmas role-playing or storytelling.
- You could attach the characters to some ribbon or string and hang them as bunting around the room for a holiday party!
- Or why not number each of the pieces and turn it into a fun game with dice? Throw the dice and each time a number is rolled, you take that piece – the first one to complete their character is the winner!
- Most of all, just have fun with this winter printable!
Download your chosen printable from the list further down the page (they’re surrounded by a purple box), and print onto thick paper or thin card. Cut the pieces out, then build a Girl Elf!
Other Christmas & Winter Characters in This Series
You could mix the different elements for fun to create completely new characters!
There are over 100 Free Christmas Printables on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Right-click to open a new tab to read next.
Printable Build A Girl Elf Template Downloads
Download Build A Girl Elf Template (Large Size)
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Download Build A Girl Elf Template (Regular Size)
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
Printable Christmas Escape Rooms
Escape Rooms have exploded in popularity over the past few years, but why not bring the experience to your home this Christmas with a printable Escape Room? The games can be printed and set up in just 20 minutes, so you can get on with the fun.
Christmas Party Game Ideas!
In fact, at just $49, you save 60% – that’s a discount of $76, to be precise. Amazing value!
The four kits included in the box are (which you can buy individually if you prefer):
- Envy Murder Mystery – A 1920s Gatsby-style murder mystery game of debaucherous luxury and deadly feuds. Get ready for a night of velvet gloves, blood-stained.
- Lost Mummy – Get ready to unearth Egypt’s ancient secrets as your crew investigates the mystery of the Lost Mummy.
- Rebel Revolt Spy Mission – Your crew of specialists will need their wits about them if there’s any chance of breaking into the evil government’s W.A.R. facility.
- Escape Room Z – Your living room’s about to be invaded by the living dead. What do they want? Your pizza, of course…
But that’s not all! You’ll also get these bonuses:
- The Christmas Party Pack– a limited-time bonus kit instantly decks your halls in festive, peppermint mocha style. Just print a few charming table decorations for serious, holly, jolly vibes.
- Bonus Card Game – made by gamers, for gamers! (You can even make your own!) Make sure to grab your Christmas-exclusive extras before they disappear into the mist…
- Christmas Treasure Maps – you can create a charming scavenger hunt where X marks the spot! Use it to add an extra dash of mystery to your holiday celebrations…
Other Buildable Characters!
We have lots of other buildable characters that you may like to download:
- Build An Animal Series
- Build A Person Series
- Build A Halloween Character Series
- Build A Christmas Character Series
- Build A Star Wars Character Series
- Build A Disney Character Series
- Build An Olaf
The Create the Holidays series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays!
You can check out Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) from 2023 | 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
The free printables are in PDF format and can be opened with the free-to-use Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF Reader). If the download is a Zip File, it can be downloaded with WinZip, WinRar, or other software typically bundled on computers. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read our full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at an online print shop or print shop in-store if you don’t have access to a printer; however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest, and on your blog/website with a link to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or your blog/website. If you use any of our printables, it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform you hang out on, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so we can find you!