These yummy Easter Rice Krispies Squares are so easy and quick to make and use just four ingredients! They’re a delicious Easter sweet treat for kids and adults alike!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Easter Rice Krispies Squares
If you are looking for a really easy sweet treat to make for Easter, then these Rice Krispies squares are IT!
They can be made in minutes and can be customised using a variety of toppings (and even cereals!).
You do have to wait for the mixture to cool down before cutting into squares – about an hour or two – but you could pop them in the fridge to speed up the process.
Kids can help to make these too – be mindful of the melted marshmallow mixture which will be very hot. You know your child best so supervise to their age and ability.
Ingredients used in this recipe
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post, but here is a brief outline so you know what to expect from the recipe.
I highly recommend always reading a recipe all the way through before starting.
- Rice Krispies – or any store brand puffed rice cereal
- Easter m&m’s – or any pastel-colored candy. In the UK you could use Smarties.
Easter Rice Krispies Squares Recipe Tips
- Rice Krispies squares are made by melting butter and marshmallows together (you can do this in a microwave, or on the stovetop) and then stirring in the puffed rice cereal to combine everything together.
- Spray the square (8×8″) pan well with cooking spray before adding the sticky cereal mixture.
- If you don’t have this size square pan, use a rectangular or even a round pan if you like. It really doesn’t matter – just call them “treats” instead of “squares”!
- Alternatively, line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Overhang the foil/paper around the edges of the pan as this will provide you something to lift treats out when set.
- The cereal mixture is also very sticky, so press it down using a piece of wax paper, or the back of a large spoon that you can either grease with cooking spray, or dip into some water to prevent sticking.
- Press the m&m’s candies on top of the mix in any fashion you like – you could place them randomly, or try and align them so each square gets a certain amount!
- Cool in the fridge for a couple hours before cutting into 2-inch squares.
- Wet your knife before cutting will help prevent sticking.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the desert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Avgolemono – Greek Egg Lemon Soup
- Main Dish: One Pan Roast Lamb with Vegetables
- Beverage: Raspberry Lime Vodka Cocktail – Fruity & Refreshing!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
More Rice Krispies Treats
Take a look at these recipes next:
- Rice Krispie Ghosts Treats for Halloween
- Jack Skellington Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats for Halloween
- Halloween Rice Krispies Treats – Monster Crunch Bars!
Know someone who would love this recipe? Why not forward it onto them by email or WhatsApp?
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 10oz/280g Marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Easter M&M’s
- Cooking spray
- Place the butter into a large saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Slowly add the Rice Krispies to the melted marshmallow and butter mixture and stir together to coat well.
- Spray a non-stick 8" square pan with cooking spray and transfer the cereal and marshmallow mixture to the pan.
- Use some wax paper or the back of a spoon or spatula dipped in water to evenly press the mixture down.
- Press M&M's onto the top of the cereal mix and place into the fridge to cool for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and enjoy! Best served on the same day.
You can melt the butter and marshmallow mixture in the microwave if you prefer. Melt the butter for 30 seconds and stir, then add the marshmallows and microwave for a further 30-60 seconds until melted. Then follow directions as above.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
There is also the Easter Rice Krispies Squares slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)