There is something about salad that I just love. The freshness, the colours, the taste – all good! Yesterday, there was some salad from the previous nights dinner, so I used that to make a very delish tuna bean salad for my lunch. Since I’m following a new weight loss plan, there are no measurements, and make as little or as much as you require. I did add some dressing to my salad – olive oil is 6 [Slimming World] syns, but I am allowed 15 syns per day, so I’m right on track.
- lettuce, shredded
- cucumber, sliced
- tomato, chopped
- red onion, sliced
- radish, sliced
- carrots, grated
- tinned sweetcorn, drained
- tinned beans of your choice - I used pinto - drained and rinsed
- tinned tuna in brine, drained
- 1tbsp olive oil [6 Slimming World Syns]
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼tsp dried oregano
- ¼tsp garlic salt
- Make the salad dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, oregano and garlic salt. In salad dressings, oregano is my dried herb of choice because it is often used in Greek Cypriot salad dressing.
- Place all the salad vegetables into a bowl and toss together.
- Add the sweetcorn, beans and tuna and mix together until evenly distributed.
- Pour over the salad dressing and serve.
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietitian I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own. Calorie counts (if applicable) are worked out using resources online. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.