Coca-Cola as an ingredient! Who knew?! I found a few different recipes online for a coke marinade and decided to make my own up, since that’s pretty much how I roll. I used the marinade on chicken breast strips, but it could be used on chicken wings/legs, or ribs or even pork chops.
I served it to be wrapped up in tortillas with various toppings, and a few lime wedges on the side are a nice zesty touch. I oven baked these Coca-Cola Chicken Strips, but you could do them on a barbecue, or even cube the meat and have them as kebabs!
- 1kg skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 65g soft brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150ml Coca-Cola
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- lime wedges to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, garlic, Coca-Cola, teriyaki sauce, dark soy sauce and lime juice
- Add the chicken strips and mix well until the chicken is covered
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight if you can
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 8 and cook for about 15-20 minutes (turning once) until cooked through. You could also cook these on the barbecue
- Serve with lime wedges
I’ve got more 50+ Easy Chicken Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!