Ad COOK Recipes Baking Coca-Cola Collaborations COOK Cupcakes Disclosure Food + Drink
I promised I would share this recipe as soon as the #BigMatchPlanner Twitter Party was over, so true to my word…here it is!
Cherry Coca-Cola Cupcakes
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 75ml buttermilk
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp maraschino cherry syrup (see below)
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100ml Cherry Coca-Cola
- Tub of vanilla frosting (or make your own)
- 12 maraschino cherries in syrup – use the syrup from the jar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a bowl
- Beat the buttermilk, egg and cherry syrup together in another bowl
- Melt the butter either in a saucepan over a gentle heat (or in a bowl in the microwave). Remove from the heat and stir in the Cherry Coke.
- Whisk the butter and Coke mixture into the dry ingredients
- Add the buttermilk mixture and mix together thoroughly
- Divide the cake mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cakes
- Leave to cool for about 15 minutes before turning onto a rack to cool completely
- To decorate, dollop (or pipe if you’re posh!) some vanilla frosting on top of each cupcake and finish off with a cherry!
Here are 25+ Easy Cupcake Recipes for parties and celebrations for you to check out and make!