So there I was, sorting through my iPhone photos and I found a few of a dessert I had prepared just after Christmas…Cherry and Nutella Crumble. I must have taken them to blog about the recipe, but forgot all about them, so here goes…better late than never and a complete cheat recipe!
How did I come up with this? I had a raging sweet tooth a few months ago (the first time I made this) and ransacked my cupboards – alls was there was a can of cherry pie filling, some Nutella and a packet of crumble mix…this dessert was born and it is yummy!
Cherry and Nutella Crumble
Serves 2 – 4 people
- 1 can cherry filling
- 4 heaped tbsps Nutella chocolate spread
- 1 450g packet crumble topping
- 1 tbsp sugar
- whipped cream or ice cream to serve
- Open the can of cherry filling and pour into an oven proof dish. Blob four heaped tablespoons of Nutella (or chocolate spread of choice!) – one in each corner and give a little mix about.
- Open the crumble mix, dump on top and spread out. Sprinkle with the sugar and bake for 20 minutes in a moderate oven until the topping is brown and the fruit filling is bubbling.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.