Do you find yourself having the same food for lunch, day in, day out? Stuck for ideas of what to prepare for packed lunches for work? You’ve hit the right page on the internet as I’ve got 17+ Bowl Food Recipes that could easily go into a packed lunch box!
Bowl Food Recipes
What is bowl food?
There is nothing magical about bowl food other than it is literally food served in a bowl! It is one of those foodie trends that has been popular over the past few years. You’ve probably seen them on Instagram and Pinterest from smoothie bowls for breakfast to Buddha bowls for when you want to eat super healthy.
In all honesty I’ve been putting my food in bowls for years and years. There is something comforting about food that is in a bowl, that you can eat with just a fork or a spoon.
Bowl food is also great for parties as they are less formal than a sit down meal, as it’s easy to carry around a bowl of food and something to eat it with. It can also be a little bit more exciting (and substantial) than canapes or finger foods.
This set of bowl food recipes is the next in a series of packed lunch ideas coming to you in the next months.
I decided to create this series as lunch is one of those meals that I always struggle with. I have worked from home for the past 12+ years, and it’s really easy to carry on working through and not take break.
I was meal prepping for a while, but it fell to the wayside due to personal circumstances. But, we’re slowly returning to prepping meals in advance – including lunches that my husband can take to work, and I can grab out of the fridge at home. Ideally I should stop work and enjoy my lunch – that’s my next goal – but at the moment I eat at my desk and do something non-work related on the computer instead.
Maybe you want to save money and take your own lunches to work with you. Or perhaps you are a stay-at-home parent, or work from home and want to have lunch prepared so you can grab something without having to think too much.
These bowl food recipes are aimed at adults – but of course any one can enjoy them! If you are working from/staying at home, you can make up your bowl in an actual bowl. If you need to take your lunch out of the home to the office or wherever, you can just use a lunch box, I’m sure the food won’t mind! For kids, why not use some cute bento boxes and accessories to make lunchtime fun. Bento boxes are so popular these days, and you can find a ton of great ideas on Pinterest.
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of lovely food blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to the bowl food recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place in the list.
- Cuban-Style Tuna Bowl – Strength & Sunshine
- Crunchy Vegetable Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Cashew Rice Bowl – Vegan In The Freezer
- Mediterranen Orzo Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Easy Greek Chicken Bowls – Smashed Peas & Carrots
This post contains Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl – Yay For Food
- Make-Ahead Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls – I Heart Naptime
- Sweet Potato Taco Bowl – My Kitchen Love
- BBQ Hawaiian Tofu Bowl – Veggie Inspired
- Mediterranean Quinoa Chickpea Bowl – Seasonal Cravings
- Sweet Potato & Brussels Sprouts Buddha Bowl – Panning The Globe
- Butternut Squash Vegan Buddha Bowl – Veggies Save The Day
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – Mashup Mom
- Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowl with Spinach & Avocado – Panning The Globe
- Vegan Burrito Bowl – Cadry’s Kitchen
- Mediterranean Bowl – V Nutrition
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Bowl – Quite Good Food
- Roasted Garlic Buddha Bowl – A Virtual Vegan
- Paleo Chicken Burrito Bowl – Eat The Gains
- Falafel Mezze Bowl – Olive Magazine
- Giant Couscous Salad with Roasted Aubergine, Parsley & Pomegranate – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
More In Packed Lunch Series & Coming soon…
- 23+ Wrap & Sandwich Recipes
- 17+ Tasty Bowl Foods
- Rice Dishes
- Bean Salads
- 19+ Noodle & Pasta Salads
- Grain Salads (Couscous, Quinoa etc)
- Salads with Meat
- Salads with Fish and Shellfish
- Salads with Eggs
- Cheese Salads
- Vegetable Salads
- Vegan Salads
- Egg Based Lunches
- Finger Foods/Foods on Sticks
Please feel free to share these 17+ Tasty Bowl Food Recipes by using the social buttons at the bottom of this post!
Don’t forget that you can also join The Pumpkin Patch for member exclusive freebies, offers, and more.
Follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog posts on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so that you don’t miss out!
Save this post to Pinterest for later!